lack of fuel? K&n filters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Lack of fuel?

I ordered and install the k&n filters (four coins for a vmax without the air box) – and ride it to a long trip so the engine was worm and everything…..

In idle RPM everything sound good, but when I ride it in the range of 4000 rpm I felt that the engine choking and not working like it use to be.

This was more worse when I move the throttle fast to the maximum….that was a choking filing and then goes away when the RPMs clime

I felt that the engine running lack of fuel so in the middle of the riding I was open the chock lever to the 70% passion , and when I did that and everything came almost like it use to be before, and the chocking filling almost despaired

Till this riding, I had four coin filter (also without air box)of other unknown company that I order from ebay two years ago – and till today all was just great.

Beside that I have a cobra exhaust – and I believe that the last owner that I bought from him the bike was put a dynojet (he sad so, and I saw that he drilled the gray brass – but I don’t know what dyno stage…1? 3? 5?or 7?)

I believe it was stage one or 3 because I bought the bike with the stock air box in it.

Today when I came back I was very surprised that the bike with the k&m run a 18 km for liter!! So it was very economy … I usually do 16, or 17 km for a litter for less aggressive riding compare what I rided today…

I changed again the k&n filter to the older coin and toke it for a ride – and the bike and all the horses came back to stable (lol) –the bike felt much stronger.

I still want to use the k&m filters…. How do I fix the lack of fuel? This Is a lack of fuel right? What I should do??

You already answered your own question. You are running lean. You can move the clip on your diaphragm needles perhaps to account for the K&N. filters. Get rid of the Cobra exhaust, adjust A/ F screws and re sync and you should see improvement.

No not with the cobra exhaust stage 7 is useless with out a full exhaust system. Your best bet would be the stocx air box & find out what kind of jet kit if its a stage 1 junk it & go back to stock & get rid of the cobras if you want to make some power

This...

What is that ait correctors?

The cobra is so bad?

In some old bike its can be to move the clip in niddle so will get more fuel. Can we do that on the vmax?. I never opend and never saw it

Air correctors are mandatory when Airbox is removed or highly modified, without them it will be lean.
Or you can try the Factory Pro way : Very bigger mains (170-180 MK)

Almost all slip-on mufflers give less HP than stock ones ;)

What is that ait correctors?

The cobra is so bad?

In some old bike its can be to move the clip in niddle so will get more fuel. Can we do that on the vmax?. I never opend and never saw it
Yes cobras are the worst slip on pipe that you can put on a Vmax you lose about 10 HP. They look neat and sound good but that is about it.

I seems that i do have some dyno kit, i diassemble the diahfgram and saw six groovs on the needle. The needle was on the second groov, and i put it on the 5 groove. I do have an improment but its not 100%. I thinking to diassmble it again and set it to the last groov =more fuel

The qustion is - if i am waisting my time trying that?

The groves are leaner if nearer to the blunt end. Richer if nearer the pointy end.

Latest posts

Back