Laconia 2012!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicopilot

Reaction score
Bike week is almost upon us in Laconia. Hopefully it's dry and warm. Looking forward to seeing other vmax riders out and about.

Me too:eusa_dance: NEVER BEEN before:confused2:! What are the dates??:ummm:

It's usually fathers day weekend. I've been several times. It's crazy. I've been arrested once well pc'd lol and been in a few fights up there. But other than that it's a great time. I haven't been in like 10 years. I use to ride sport bikes when I went.

JUN9-17..will be up in that area late JUN/Early JUL but I won't be able to make it to bike week

I could go if theres enough of us going , last time I was there I was put on the NHSP stupid list, and was told if I did anything else stupid I would be spending the night in there"hotel", guess I shouldnt have done that long smoker in front of him

It's usually fathers day weekend. I've been several times. It's crazy. I've been arrested once well pc'd lol and been in a few fights up there. But other than that it's a great time. I haven't been in like 10 years. I use to ride sport bikes when I went.

It's nothing like it used to be for sure. I remember the days of fighting, girls running around in thongs, biker gangs/clubs acting stupid etc etc. All fun when you're a kid, but when you grow up it's really old punching out some idiot for being ignorant or flexing his beer muscles, being amongst people who think they're security for the Rolling Stones and the absolute worst thing....women wearing next to nothing who should be wearing a tyvek suit!!!
Now it's more family oriented, and tourism driven. A more comfortable and safer environment for the more diverse population of riders out there now. There's still clubs/bars where you can act up within reason and the occasional hot thong chicks but overall it's a much nicer place to ride and rub elbows with other riders. It's a really nice place to visit now.

June 11th the Mount Washington Road is open to only motorcycles. We have a bunch of us headed up that day, then hitting the Kangamangus Highway on our way to Weirs Beach should be an awesome time. There is plenty to do all over NH during bike week.

It's nothing like it used to be for sure. I remember the days of fighting, girls running around in thongs, biker gangs/clubs acting stupid etc etc. All fun when you're a kid, but when y grow up it's really old punching out some idiot for being ignorant or flexing his beer muscles, being amongst people who think they're security for the Rolling Stones and the absolute worst thing....women wearing next to nothing who should be wearing a tyvek suit!!!
Now it's more family oriented, and tourism driven. A more comfortable and safer environment for the more diverse population of riders out there now. There's still clubs/bars where you can act up within reason and the occasional hot thong chicks but overall it's a much nicer place to ride and rub elbows with other riders. It's a really nice place to visit now.

Yeah I'm 37 now. But when I was in my early 20's it was crazy. I said hi to a Harley guy on the side of the road and he told me to get a real bike. I was driving a 93 gsxr 1100. So I exchanged words with him and he pulled me off my bike the bike fell and I started to smash his face in. But his buddy came behind me and whacked me with a mag flashlight 3 times in the head. Then I started fighting that guy in the middle of the street. Now I was with about 20 guys at the time and the smallest skinniest one was the only one to try and help me.
I was in the back of the pack so they missed what happened all the saw was me hitting some guy. All I wish was that someone would have stopped the guy from hitting me on the head. I was afraid to go to sleep that night cause of a concussion. Also I couldn't eat the next day.

But I'm sure it's a lot bette now. Back then the hells angels were in full force lol.

Damn we have some similar stories indeed! LOL It is absolutely nothing like that now. The town wants to draw revenue in and they don't want trouble makers scaring people off. I would have been by your side for that scrap for sure!

Damn we have some similar stories indeed! LOL It is absolutely nothing like that now. The town wants to draw revenue in and they don't want trouble makers scaring people off. I would have been by your side for that scrap for sure!

Thanks :rofl_200: I'm over those days. I don't look for it but if it finds me I'm more than happy to oblige :punk:

I started going there around 1980 when they used to clear the boardwalk using the National Guard at 2:00am. I caught a billy club behind the knee for trying to walk in the wrong direction.

The cops really don't F around there. 10 years ago I saw a guy on a crotch rocket get clothes lined off his bike for just brrrrpn the throttle and gettin off the lever a little to quick. The best was at night at our campsite bout 15 miles out of Weirs drinkin beer at about 2:00 A.M. you'd here a Ducati buzz by then police sirens 20 seconds later :biglaugh:. Was goin on all night...guy was just toyin with the cops. Another guy passed us on a full dresser with some fat hog on the back tryin to be a hero. Scrapin pegs and almost dumped it in the middle of the night. I was riding a stretched,slammed, jet black, chrome wheeled, nitrous burning GSXR at the time so had a blast leaving 300ft rolling 2nd and 3rd gear smokers everywhere.

Just got back from a Memorial Day weekend stay in beautiful Meredith NH. My pre Laconia vacation. Cruised all around Laconia, and surrounding towns. The weather was awesome, lots of bike out cruising, great food and drink. I can't wait to go back on a couple of weeks!!!

Back