Lady!! put down the cell phone!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
A Lebaron runs a red light, I'm doing 30 or so and have to get on the binders hard, she stops in middle of intersection and bamn I hit her at about 7-10 mph, Her fender is pushed in and my adrenaline is thru the roof. she still has cell phone up to her ear, so I yell ( Lady, put down the cell phone!! ) junior is bounceing around the back seat unbuckled, I tell her to pull over and we will exchange info, i get off bike and eyeball'er up and down for damadge.
Cell phone gal is gone!! she took the F..k off!!! she's two blocks down the street so now I gotta chase her down!! I catch her, She was on her way to emergency room cuz of a bad toothache!!! :bang head: Stay tuned for part two...lol

Thats how my fourth went.

Shorthair.....

A Lebaron

Everytime I see a woman in a lebaron(I've never seen a man), 100% money back guarantee they're driving in a shitty manner. The Top Gear theorem on cars states that bad drivers typically buy bad cars, so this falls right in line with it.

Mess up your bike at all? Bend the forks?

Everytime I see a woman in a lebaron(I've never seen a man), 100% money back guarantee they're driving in a shitty manner. The Top Gear theorem on cars states that bad drivers typically buy bad cars, so this falls right in line with it.

Here in Texas it's unlicensed Hispanic moms in beat-up mini-vans, or suburban soccer moms in nice mini-vans that are the worse drivers...The Hispanics drive with tunnell vision and the whites drive with the cell phone to their ear and blissful abandon...

Glad you're OK, How's the bike?

Man good work for catching her. I had a guy turn left into a street just in front of me but as he turned left he did a quick Uturn right in front of me, I locked it up and hit his front fender, I took off my helmet and told him to pull over , he slowly drove to side of the road then floored it! I didnt even get his number plate.
:bang head:

Does your hypothesis cover the TC Maserati too?
"Everytime I see a woman in a lebaron..."

At least she stopped eventually after you caught her. I had a driver sideswipe my Volvo & keep on going, he punted me right off the road & took off. Luckily, I didn't suffer any car-breaking damage but I had to chase them down in traffic, they caught the next light & I pulled in-front of them to prevent them taking-off again. I was on the cellphone w/911, gave them the plate & address, & made the mistake of saying I 'wasn't hurt,' it took an hour for a cop to show-up. The whole time I refused to remove my vehicle from in-front of them to prevent the young male and his two young female big-mouth friends from taking-off again. I tried to do the driver exchange of information and one of the women started running her mouth. I tried to copy down the tag & she plopped her big wide butt in-front of the tag & started "M-F'ing" me. I called 911 back and told them I was "in fear for my safety, they won't exchange information, we are in traffic, and they already took-off after the accident & I had to chase them down," then I egged-on the fat chick & she gave the 911 operator an earful of profanity while I pretended to be talking to someone else. It still took another 50 minutes for the cops to show up. They blamed it on 'shift exchange.' Rest assured if it was some cop or his wife that this happened to, there would have been 5 patrol cars & probably a detective or two there within 10 minutes.

Luckily, a young female in traffic directly behind me saw the accident and gave the CSO a report about the accident & them running away. She had to wait a hour to do it. How many people would do that?

I think there should be more consequences for accident causers when they 'avoid & evade.' I know that's a 'cop-avoidance' statute, but anyone who leaves the scene of an accident is more than a bad driver! I tried to get the cop who did show-up to run 'wants & warrants' on the three minority occupants of the car, figuring they probably had other previous legal issues prior to this, but he refused. Nothing would have pleased me more than to see some or all of them being taken-away in handcuffs. The fat chick told me, as the moving violation was handed-out to the driver, 'now we know where you live,' and I asked the PD to make note of that, but the 'fresh-hot' light just turned-on at Krispy Kreme.
22338171-177x150-0-0.jpg

Man, I can't wait for the second episode... This is better than anything going on TV....Hope you're alright once the Adrenalin goes away...

If they run once...next time you catch up to them slash their tire, that will slow em down and ANY cop will understand If it was an attempted hit and run.

Instead of tire-slashing, cut-off a valve stem, if it's rubber & you can get to it. Easy & quick. The circumference of the wheel is a good guide for the blade.

Tues. I had a gal on a cell phone switch lanes without a signal at 65mph. Cut right in front of me. Thank the good Lord for caliper upgrades and HH pads. Gave her a piece of my mind when she had to stop in traffic. Thought about a boot print in her door. When I got a look at her she was about my kids age and I cooled off. Cager warning on Cape Cod. Worst place I've ever ridin a bike, in summer anyway.
Steve-o

. When I got a look at her she was about my kids age and I cooled off. Steve-o

I tell you what, it was truly a sea change for me when my Daughter started driving, I realized that with out a collective effort on the part of a lot of drivers teenagers wouldn't survive a month on the road. They simply don't have the experience. It made me become much more patient and watchful of teenage drivers in a spirit of sympathy....I prayed that other drivers would forgive her for the transgressions she would surely make before gaining the experience needed to be a truly competent driver...

That sympathy ends when they pick up the ohone...

You have to be careful of any act you may have in mind, cameras are every where. Thats always my thoughts before acting on something in the payback mode.

Ok, heres where i'll catch some flack. I did'nt call the cops, I got all her info, then insisted on talking to her ol man and to make a long story short---I have a couple of very nice winchester lever actions sittin on the couch for payment in lieu of potential damages to max, bike seems to handle great up to105 mph, got a hop at that speed wich i never had befor. I explained to Mr cell phone that i'm haveing shop go thru front end with fine tooth comb and he might have to bring more guns over. His spin on it is ( whatever it takes, I'll make it right, )
Gal was so rattled I fell for the sympathy card I guess.. I'll let ya know how it turns out. thanx for the input fellas..

Shorthair...........

:biglaugh: Atleast you're getting something.....:biglaugh:

Yes, they know they'er wrong. Make sure you get what's comming to make your Max right. Glad you didn't get hurt Bro. Dam cagers on a cell phone! Time to make it illegal. No texting while driving is a good start.
Steve-o

...Just a thought...A regular Mdl 94 is only worth $200-$400 bucks, How much damage did it do to your bike again???

Yes, they know they'er wrong. Make sure you get what's comming to make your Max right. Glad you didn't get hurt Bro. Dam cagers on a cell phone! Time to make it illegal. No texting while driving is a good start.
Steve-o

Damn skippy!!

I dont understand your meaning?

Mdl 94 = Winchester lever action.

I was trying to help him make sure he got his moneys worth equivalent to the damage to his bike....Personally I will ALWAYS file on their insurance if I don't see some cash immediatley...If they don't have insurance then they shouldn't be on the road..

No texting while driving is a good start.

It already is in NY. But the problem is it's one of those impossible to enforce laws. They said it's illegal, and absolutely nobody gives a shit. It's extremely unlikely you'll ever get caught doing it, and even if you do, it's a little slap on the wrist fine. Just not enough deterrent for anybody to care. If you crash because you were on the phone, you just turn it off, hide it in the purse, and deny using it.

Even the hands-free rule is crap. Now instead of just dialing and using a cell phone, people now have to answer the phone, then root around for that headset, plug it in, put it on, and the put it away when they're done.

I saw someone on a Goldwing talking on a cellphone once. With cruise control on the highway, you have both hands free since you can "steer" with your butt, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back