Lance Armstrong-is he a doper in competition?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He may have been the most tested athlete in history. If he is guilty, wonder why he never failed a test? :confused2:

I don't know. After defending yourself for over 20 years you just get tired of it I am sure.

This has a bit of the "witch hunt" feel to it IMO. The labs, their test procedure and technicians are not infallible. I still hold Lance in high regard for all the good he has done, fighting through cancer to win (again!) and nailing Sheryl Crow!:biglaugh:

For having been tested as often as he was and never been found for doping, I thinks its wrong to strip him of his medals and titles, then say he may have to repay the winnings. Dam the man for sticking it to Lance.

His own teamates ratted him out...possibly a personality conflict as he's said to be an arrogant big mouth Texan ( think Roger Clemens )...:confused2:

Either way...NEVER found in his system...and he did this not once or twice , but 7 , that's S E V E N times...:ummm: Pahleez...

Nothing but respect for his accomplishments...:worthy:

I've never seen anyone hounded this much before. I wonder if someone in that organization has a personal vendetta against him? Teammates could be jealous or offered some sort of deal to testify or as stated just didn't like him. I don't blame him for giving up. They would probably never stop the attacks. If they had definitive proof why hasn't it been presented in all the years this has been going on?

After giving this some additional thought....I don't see Lance Armstrong as the type to just get 'tired of the bullshit' and simply lay down...the man is a 7 time Tour de France winner, a serious competitor by anyones standards.

It sounds more to me like the fix is in....by that I mean....the doping commission has the goods on him and if he chooses to fight they will destroy him with facts. If he goes away quietly, they will keep their findings to themselves.

Similar to NASCAR's AJ Almendinger....he wasn't guilty of anything....well, taking one little pill to help him stay awake.....BUT, he entered a drug re-hab program.

But will he surrender 'voluntarily' his T de F victories? Or will he be stripped of them? Seems like a lot to give-up.

After giving this some additional thought....I don't see Lance Armstrong as the type to just get 'tired of the bullshit' and simply lay down...the man is a 7 time Tour de France winner, a serious competitor by anyones standards.

It sounds more to me like the fix is in....by that I mean....the doping commission has the goods on him and if he chooses to fight they will destroy him with facts. If he goes away quietly, they will keep their findings to themselves.

Similar to NASCAR's AJ Almendinger....he wasn't guilty of anything....well, taking one little pill to help him stay awake.....BUT, he entered a drug re-hab program.
I know someone that is VERY knowledgeable of sports drugs. They have stated that the dugs advance at such a tremendous rate that testing can be impossible. I also heard a discussion on Lance and they mentioned that it was likely that he wasn't fighting anymore because if this went further and he was indeed guilty he could ultimately go down on perjury charges.
I also heard that the medication he was taking for cancer was banned in competition.
I dunno....If all of his competitors/accusers that are making plea deals to screw this guy because they to were guilty it stinks to high heaven. This guys achievements are the stuff of legend.
I have heard it said that this is one of the dirtiest and most ruthless sports there is. He is top of the world in this realm, and VERY WEALTHY. thus a huge target.

You know what? I don't care! No pill could take a normal person and make him win 7 times, not to mention all the other things he has done. He has helped so many cancer patients and has been such an inspiration to so many- you can't take that away.

So who are they going to give the "wins" to? Do you have ANYONE that has been tested and investigated so much... and CLEARED that can take the wins? I fully believe that if you took ANYONE riding at the time, and went after that person the way they went after Lance, that person would fail or quit. Remember he has spent MILLIONS of dollars defending the previous 3 "investigations" and WON, but they keep coming after him.

BTW, the big Rat that gave most of the "evidence" against has a big book signing coming up.
There was a number of others...Who made deals so they didn't come after them.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Who knows his true net worth, but now companies who had endorsement deals w/him are probably gonna sue. One article said his personal net worth is $100,000,000.

I agree, regardless of the charges and his declaration, he still won. I don't care, give him a asterisk like McGwire & Barry Bonds & Sammy Sosa.

AMGEN made some of his cancer meds. They also produce EPO. They are also the main sponsor of the biggest pro cycling event held in the US. I hold nothing against him for leveling the playing field. I would love for these guys to dig into the NFL this hard. That whole system would shut down. That'll never happen because it makes too much $$$. Lance was a better racer than those other guys either way. We could all take everything available, ride 6 hours a day, eat exactly what the biochemistry doctor/team advisor told us, and he'd still destroy us on a climb.... Clean. I know the drugs advance very quickly, but are guys still dying during training? Nope. How about all the retired "wrestlers"?... Every sport has doping. I think if you pass the test, you pass. Maybe I'm in the gray area group on this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I hate to take sides on this and truly have no strong feeling either way but my observations are these.
The guy showed promise before PEDs were such game changers.
He made the conscientious decision to put his health and career at risk by using PEDs. He cheated along with so many other top performers. He did it within the framework of what the governing body of the sport could detect and or find him in non compliance. The guy came back from Cancer and STILL kicked the asses of healthy fellow cheaters. He was possibly the most scrutinized/drug tested athlete by sanctioning bodies looking to take him down yet could not find conclusive damning evidence. The guy is a competitor to such a degree that he did not like or allow others to try to besmirch, tarnish or take away his accomplishments no matter what the human cost.
Does one call him the ultimate competitor with a warrior mentality?, does he have sociopathic tendencies with no capacity to feel empathy or guilt? In the end, does the whole discussion even merit all the attention and resources the situation has expended.
How could you take away wins and medals when he passed the existing testing in place at the time of the competition while knowing his fellow competitors also used PEDs at the same time.
In analogy, in car racing for example. Should they take away previous wins and earnings when the chief mechanic tried something not covered in the rule books or passed post race inspection? The saying is, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" rings true. Everone everywhere wants to get an"advantage" whether it is stickier tires, better technology, creative thinking, improved training, or through better chemistry which is the case here.
I do not take into account all the millions he raised for cancer, all the people he got off their asses and into healthier lifestyles or all the people he tried to trash their names and lives. I don't see how one can make them all one argument.
Anyhow, that's what I see, not what I feel or want to believe.

Back