Lane splitting...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That jackass deserved what he got. And when and if he was released from the hospital, should have spent a few years in prison getting raped by "Bubba" since he likes "splitting" so much.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I understand the frustration of heavy traffic and lane splitting, but to do it in such close proximity with a high speed differential is just asking for trouble IMO. Even done properly there will always be somebody that doesn't like that you can pass them.

Cannot do that here in Maine, and even if it was legal, I am hesitant of doing so. Just seems like there are too many idiots out there that could turn a motorcyclist's day very bad doin this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxUHXFHFeYU

It's dangerous for sure. I don't trust cager to begin with. I'll do the breakdown lane or if there is a semi-safe way around on the left, maybe. But between two cages?

That jackass deserved what he got. And when and if he was released from the hospital, should have spent a few years in prison getting raped by "Bubba" since he likes "splitting" so much.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

+1 The guy was driving like an idiot. Personally, I wouldn't do it even if it was legal here....just too many 'on the edge' cagers out there, but there's a right way to do it and that ain't it!

I just don't get these idiots getting pissed when seeing a biker splitting lanes. I saw videos of guys opening their doors when noticing that a bike is going to go through? It just calls for a baseball bat lesson.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've been lane splitting since I was old enough to ride. It's legal here in California, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The last thing I need is a car hitting me from behind and pushing me into another car in traffic. That happens all the time, I'd be SOOOO PISSED OFF!! if I couldn't split lanes. :rant:

I finally got up enough nerve to lane split a week or so ago when I rode to San Diego. What I observed is that Cal drivers are easily distracted. When a tow truck or anything out of the normal is on the side of the freeway, the rubberneckers come to a stop to look!!
I found myself on the end of the line, stopped, while traffic behind me was going 85 mph! Lane splitting is necessary for survival of us motorcycle riders! Plus it was a shot of adrenaline to do it! Most drivers in CA are aware of it and are cool with us splitting.

Lane splitting is necessary for survival of us motorcycle riders! Plus it was a shot of adrenaline to do it.[/QUOTE] Sometimes it takes a shot of adrenaline to get you going down the slot, especially when you realize the cars behind you are not your friend. Remember, if a cop see's you lane splitting unsafely as in to fast. He can still wright you up. :rockon00:

Latest posts

Back