larger L3K fuel tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxvmax5257

Reaction score
I just got an L3K fuel tank installed (25 liters or 6.6 gallons). Does anyone know how to interpret what the gas gauge means now? Like when it says 1/2 full, how much fuel is left? Or when the low fuel light comes on, how much is left?
Thanks

Personally, I'd go for a long ride, carry a gallon of gas, and see what the gas amounts are based on reality. Write down when the reserve light comes on, and how many miles left to empty.

First I've heard about this tank upgrade. What kind of mods to install are we talking about? I'm assuming quite a bit!

Hi everyone. Thanks.
Yes, it is a Gen II product. Essentially no mods to the bike are required. Bumps it to 6.6 gallons :)
But not cheap.............

Any updates on this? Easy install, gauge still accurate? What kind of range on a tank of fuel now?

I've heard of lots folks experiencing that tank on gen 2 leaking by the fuel.pump...be interested to hear how it works for you

I so wish the VMAX had more range. That L3K tank I think is close to $1400 and from the video I have seen is a pretty fair undertaking.

I so wish the VMAX had more range. That L3K tank I think is close to $1400 and from the video I have seen is a pretty fair undertaking.

$1263 is what they say on the site...(http://vmax-fueltank.com/en_us/vmax-1700-larger-fuel-tank)
Anyone more than me who is on the company about the tank?!?! (maybe they'll pick up the pace if more of us are mailing them!)

This is my only response I've got from L3K:
Quote:

Saturday 2019-08-03 14:16

"Hello,

Sorry for this late reply.

Our tank is available online, from our website.
We can deliver all in Europe thanks to our warehouse in the center of Europe.

But, for the moment we are remaking the main production tool because it has been damaged during mass production.
We take the opportunity to redo the tool in order to improve and optimize the fuel tank based on these 3 last years of sale.
It requires so much time.

Lead time will be communicated as soon as it will be confirmed by the factory.

Sorry, for the moment we cannot inform you when the new tank will be available.

As soon as we will know the global schedule it will be communicated on our website.

Thank you.

Best regards.

L3K Engineering LLC."

I thought these guys were in FL but reading that response (August 2019?) It sounds more like a off shore outfit.

Maybe they are also fixing some of the leaking issues that have were on the old VMAX site.

I thought these guys were in FL but reading that response (August 2019?) It sounds more like a off shore outfit.

Maybe they are also fixing some of the leaking issues that have were on the old VMAX site.

You are right, they are from Florida. I was just asking if they had any EU resellers because of taxes..and it seems like there is a warehouse in France so that's good for me!
(Yes, 3 Aug 2019)
Didn't know they had leak issues? Are you sure it's the same company? (I can only find a tank for the 1700 on their site)

I found manufacture making 20L tank out from 304 stainless.
I contacted them and quoted about 194000yen(about $1750 @110yen) w/o shipping and take about a month.
The tank seems solid and pressure tested before shipping.
The challenge is they don't take credit card and only wire transfer which might cost $15~$50 more.

I am looking for reason to justify over $2k investment for extra 5L....

【バイクカスタム】増槽改修でツアラーVMAXに! (moto-auc.com)(Customer review)
(2) 工房nagami | Facebook (Shop FB)

Interesting Post on FB above is; they sold over 80 tanks, and registered VMAX 1700 in Japan is 1325....I thought VMAX sold little more in Japan. :)

I'd pass. I'm happy with my tank from Mars. 24lt. Aluminum and has been fine. I don't recall the exact cost but at or below what you were quoted.

Latest posts

Back