Las Vegas shooting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences to all the families that have suffered because of this terrible incident. Rip all deceased. God Speed to the recovery of all injured physically and mentally. A very sad day in America for sure.

It is a good thing that thoughts and prayers didn't cost money, many would be broke. How about doing something meaningful to stop the carnage?

As long as the NRA owns Congress, that isn't likely to happen, Dave.... Sad.

Yeah Danny, I told you it wouldnt be long before this post got political, and for that i'm very sorry.

Last edited:
And you were correct. Sorry you don't see the forest for the trees. After all the killings done using insanely destructive weapons the fact that the POLITICIANS can't show the common sense to do something to keep them out of deranged people's hands IMHO is wrong.

The Second Amendment is in dire need of a rethink. I'm certain that the Founding Fathers would be appalled at any argument using Second Amendment rights to explain that people have the "right" to own a machine whose sole purpose is to kill as many people as quickly as possible. No other use, unless you call "I got a cooler gun than you do" a reason to own one.

I don't expect this to be a popular opinion here, so be it.

Something to think about.

Attachments

• 22141009_10203474470859549_7288684070325568562_n.jpg
    22141009_10203474470859549_7288684070325568562_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 32
If you have any respect for Ted "No talent" Nugent, you're beyond help.
He's just as big a buffoon as Trumpf.

I'm not about to get into a pissing match with you here. Your opinion is yours, and mine is mine.
This conversation is over.

What a horrible thing. My condolences to the families of the victims and all those affected.

Something to think about.

I got quite a chuckle out of this image.

Its not surprising that this ignites the gun debate again. I have a counterpoint here, according to some of what I read he had some makings for explosives in his car. Lets try and grasp what a suicidal mentally ill guy could have done with a car bomb on that street.

I realize lots of folks on the left think that stepping on constitutionally guaranteed gun rights is going to fix the problem, but I submit that it will increase said body count exponentially and leave many citizens defenseless in the process. Things like this deserve critical thought and abstract reasoning before we start beating the "guns kill" drum again. Does anyone with a triple digit IQ think for one second that if the gun shop denied sales to him that he would have gone home and binged watched Dexter, or maybe found another way to do what he wanted to do. Again, lets use some logic here; guns are a pretty shitty tool for mass murder when we look at the other possible tools for generating a body count.

More gun control is pissing up the wrong waterfall. Lets not just think about warm fuzzy words that taste great, lets think like chess or pool players and think ahead several moves and come up with something that is not absurdly counterproductive for the long haul.

Edit: sorry I took the political bait, I can only hear so much piggybacking onto a tragedy to further an agenda. ive been doing pretty good at staying out of this stuff. So... I was going to put a bigger turbo, full exhaust and FMIC on my Audi, but now thinking just to remap the ECU and get that AR15 while I still can. (Can you hear that pot stiring now?) Haha,

Yea, I still love my left leaning brothers here:punk:

Its not surprising that this ignites the gun debate again. I have a counterpoint here, according to some of what I read he had some makings for explosives in his car. Lets try and grasp what a suicidal mentally ill guy could have done with a car bomb on that street.

I realize lots of folks on the left think that stepping on constitutionally guaranteed gun rights is going to fix the problem, but I submit that it will increase said body count exponentially and leave many citizens defenseless in the process. Things like this deserve critical thought and abstract reasoning before we start beating the "guns kill" drum again. Does anyone with a triple digit IQ think for one second that if the gun shop denied sales to him that he would have gone home and binged watched Dexter, or maybe found another way to do what he wanted to do. Again, lets use some logic here; guns are a pretty shitty tool for mass murder when we look at the other possible tools for generating a body count.

More gun control is pissing up the wrong waterfall. Lets not just think about warm fuzzy words that taste great, lets think like chess or pool players and think ahead several moves and come up with something that is not absurdly counterproductive for the long haul.

Edit: sorry I took the political bait, I can only hear so much piggybacking onto a tragedy to further an agenda. ive been doing pretty good at staying out of this stuff. So... I was going to put a bigger turbo, full exhaust and FMIC on my Audi, but now thinking just to remap the ECU and get that AR15 while I still can. (Can you hear that pot stiring now?) Haha,

what this guy said...

I concur, in my experience though that the staunch lefties really have issues with anyone that does not agree with them. I really don't have issues with lefties until they diss the US Constitution, luckily not very many live in my neck of the woods although I do have one life long friend who when we get together he always brings up politics which whatever I say in any opposition to his view he gets very agitated. Sometimes he will not talk to me for weeks and I just have to chuckle at the his inflexibility. We used to have good conversations when his party was in office. I'm sure he'll get over this stage figure out that divisiveness will just lead to trouble in the long run. The main stream news and bitter politicians the leaders of this ill will and outside influences are funding their dangerous games.
:flagwaver:

My condolences to the families of the slain. My appreciation to the first responders who ran into that hellscape.

This has been the norm in America for some time and it will only get worse because America has lost it's fucking mind. America has proven that even when first graders get shot point blank in the face, America didn't do shit but "thought's and prayers." When 500 people get shot by ONE man and we protect his right while claiming health care for hundreds of people he shot is a "privilege" and the response is "Watch it liberals or we'll elect Ted Nugent" -- yea America has lost it's fucking mind.

Fuck me I don't get it. I just don't get it. Clearly I never will.

Attempting to tone polarized sides down, I point to Bump Stocks. Illegal in CA. but not in Nevada and other States. I knew nothing about these stocks. Able to turn semi-automatics into full automatic fire and sold as a way to get around the Federal ban on machine guns. The use of these stocks has nothing what so ever to do with " 2nd amendment rights". It has everything to do with breaking the intent of a law. Some experts claim the use of these stocks reduce the accuracy of the shooter greatly so it's use is to spray bullets into crowds of people. Is this rational? I like guns, had quite a few at one time. My favorite was a .243 Winchester with a 10-40 Bushnell scope. I could hit a bulls-eye at 300 yards. I don't know if any further because I didn't want to walk any farther at the rifle range. I loaded my own shells experimenting with different bullet weights, powders and loads. I had 65 grain hollow points cranked up to 3300 fps. I love shooting skeet, so much fun. That said this 2nd amendment, my "Rights" thing has been taken way too far. Citizens have the Right to go about their lives without being shot.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrible tragedy.
Tough and touchy subject is gun control. I don't think it is our lack of laws or restrictions though, that are driving people to mass murder. It's gotta be much deeper than that. I think we could all agree that we don't want guns in the hands of dangerous people? So maybe we focus on what is making these people dangerous. It maybe could start with fixing a society that glorifies violence the way we do? Start with parenting? Who knows?
We have seen that a dangerous person can turn a vehicle into a deadly weapon. I don't know that the devises used for murder are as much the problem as the murderers.
With that being said, and as the owner of many guns, I think we could probably tighten up regulations. I dont really see regulation of access some kind of denial of our second amendment. I'm ok with an inconvenience in the buying process if it keeps looney tune wackos from getting guns.
I don't think we should be sorry these events bring up these debates, we should always look to fix what is broke. It's gunna be honest, objective conversation that help us identify what is broke. Political division is getting really bad and should not drive our country apart.
I'll tell you, the view is best from the middle.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I concur, in my experience though that the staunch lefties really have issues with anyone that does not agree with them. I really don't have issues with lefties until they diss the US Constitution, luckily not very many live in my neck of the woods although I do have one life long friend who when we get together he always brings up politics which whatever I say in any opposition to his view he gets very agitated. Sometimes he will not talk to me for weeks and I just have to chuckle at the his inflexibility. We used to have good conversations when his party was in office. I'm sure he'll get over this stage figure out that divisiveness will just lead to trouble in the long run. The main stream news and bitter politicians the leaders of this ill will and outside influences are funding their dangerous games.
:flagwaver:

100%. Reason, logic and open mindedness are NOT halmarks of the far left. Like your locality we dont burn many calories worrying about how liberals feel about our guns or our passionate preservation of our rights/rejection of extreme overlegislation (coughCAcough).

I cant recal the last time we had a mass shooting in SD/WY/MT/ND. Guns are everywhere and we just dont normally have these problems. Its part of our culture and we're okay. I know gun control worked great in places like Chicago but I think we'll get by okay as we are. Its important to point out that the gunman in NV would have had his body count regardless of gun control laws and we all know this. This is nothing more than an attempt to redirect all the anger and pain to drive home their agenda. Exploiting a tragedy is a callous fucked up tactic but it happens every damn time.

One last thing. Im straight as an arrow but it is my belief that Piers Morgan should blow me to completion then get on an airplane headed back across the pond.

My condolences to the families of the slain. My appreciation to the first responders who ran into that hellscape.

This has been the norm in America for some time and it will only get worse because America has lost it's fucking mind. America has proven that even when first graders get shot point blank in the face, America didn't do shit but "thought's and prayers." When 500 people get shot by ONE man and we protect his right while claiming health care for hundreds of people he shot is a "privilege" and the response is "Watch it liberals or we'll elect Ted Nugent" -- yea America has lost it's fucking mind.

Fuck me I don't get it. I just don't get it. Clearly I never will.

Over 500 people injured. It has never been reported over 500 shot. If someone is running from the scene, and they fall and break a leg, they will be included in the list of the injured.

That is one of my issues.....Dems never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back