Last Minute track day 10-22-2012

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Since we rained out two weekends in a row. I decided last minute that I would try and hit the track one last time before I put the bike away. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

IMG_4010_zps397ca596.jpg

Came away with the Trophy Class win!

I got there too late and pulled right off the trailer into round 1. So I just used my last track day dial and figured what the heck.

I ran terrible .3 off my dial, had a crap light .3xx something. But fortunately the other guy ran like crap and I beat him by .5xx overall for the win.

I dialed a 7.24 knowing that I can consistently run that if I could get my groove on. The unknown factor for today was strapping the front end. Hence the first run I was a little nervous. Anyways, I never ran outside my dial more then .06 hundreths for the rest of the day! Ran a string a 7.25's a couple 7.249 and a coupel 7.26's. The final run was a 7.30 as the other guy rolled through the lights, and backed up, my tree was the only one that came down and I hesitated for a split second thinking they made a mistake on the dials and gave me his dial ( which was a 8.75 ) instead of mine and the tree counted wrong. But I left with a .3xx reaction ran a 7.30.

Now that was the trophy win. I was then on to top eliminator, but........ after two hours of waiting for the other brackets to run down, I ran to get a drink, got stopped by a guy that wanted to ask about gun work, and I thought they called me. So I ran up there only to see they lined up the other cars and I was out! They don't have very good speakers there at all and its hard to hear.

Oh well one trophy was good enough for me. A free pass was the top eliminator prize.

Here are some pictures my wife took!

IMG_3983_zpsd174229a.jpg

IMG_3995_zps116c8264.jpg

IMG_3994_zpsd64c57b5.jpg

I was able to run a few test n tune runs in between the last brackets while I waited.

I was able to run an 11.14@ 121 mph. I don't have the slip in front of me and I thinK I ran a better run then that the very next run, but the et booth monster must have ate it and several slips for other people as they magically disappeared when we went to pick them up.

SO.... I might have been damn close to a 10.99-11.0x run. I ll never know!

So all in all today was a fun time. The track was loaded with more cars then I have seen there in a long time for a regular event.

Todd

Gettin it down there, won't be long and you'll have your 10 second et :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Fun to read about it, congratulations, and glad it was a safe time w/no breakdowns too!

Nice runs Todd. What was your best 60 ft. How is the strap attached to to caliper bolt. Did you get a longer bolt. Did you take the hook end off. I have those same straps. I'm trying to figuring out how to hook it in such a way that it can't come free, and wrap up in my front wheel. All racing in my area is done for the year. I might have to get my bike down to florida, and race with Kyle and Dave.

The bottom is attached with a longer bolt and a spacer. I wanted to don't differently but ran out of time and just did it quick and cheaper with large washers and a spacer.

The top is the original bracket with a spacer welded inn place.

Todd

Latest posts

Back