Last of the 1st Gen, First of the 2cd Gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
I love my 2007 Vmax. Its bone stock with the exception of LEDs, the windscreen, sissy back and crash bars. Out where I live, I have wide open roads that I can cruise at 100 and not have to worry about cops or idiot drivers. So, in my internet travels, I find a 2009 VMax. Local. I have only seen a couple Gen 1s and only one Gen 2. The local Yamaha dealer here had this bike. So I wander down. This thing is still 4 places on the odometer. 5851. Some poking here. Some prodding there.....I now own this fantastic machine. Since it was a Yamaha at the dealer, the two recalls were done in 2010 and 2011 respectively. I have the warranty sheet claiming as such. I am second owner of the bike. The sticker on the neck states a manufacture date of September 2008. 1.png2.png3.png4.png5.jpg

Thanks. 2 questions I have. The graphic on the Gen 1 faux tank cover....does anyone know if that graphic is still being made? If so, where? And by whom? Second....the bar end mirrors are horrible. I cannot see behind me unless I move my elbows out of the way. Are these still a typical Yamaha thread? One right hand thread, the other left hand thread?

Latest posts

Back