Late winter ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Took the Max out last Sunday when it got up to a balmy 38 degrees and the roads were (mostly) dry. Took my new Hero HD camera along, mounted to the airbox lid to give an "over the handlebars" point of view.

Unfortunately due to size limits on photobucket, I can't really upload a HD version, it had to be cut down from the original 960p to a boring 480i. It also cut the filesize form 1.2gb to 130mb so photobucket would accept it.

I suppose I could cut out a couple of the "launches" and upload them in full HD rez.

At 7:16 the rear tire broke loose when boost opened...you can see the wiggle in the video. I really wasn't even on the gas that hard, nowhere near WOT. The speedo and temp gauge are easy to read in the original version, but the big roll-on at the end, it got up to about 110...also notice the damn speed wobble. Gonna have to do the head bearings over spring break, really getting tired of that. Since it was so cold out, the engine temp never got much above 140 degrees or so....normal in warm weather is 160-170 or so. The camera actually has a wide enough view I could have pointed it down a bit more so you could see the tach and still have a good view of the road, but you can see the shift light blink on the speedo....think it's set at 9200.

For those of you who don't know, see if you can guess what kind of exhaust I have from the sound...lol

Sweet video, thanks for the "ride"! Which Hero model camera is that?
I was thinking that if I go to TotDragon this summer I would get one to record my trip. I was looking at getting the HD Motorsports Hero, the cheapest I found was $224 on Amazon.
I think you can upload to YouTube a little easier as I've seen many a 1080p video on there.

i'm bouncing off the walls waiting to ride. they're saying saturday might be 45 and sunny! i don't care as long as its over 35 and sunny.

i'm waiting to ride mine here, need some more parts and what not. Looks like a fun ride! As far as exhaust i'm gonna say kerker? Sounds good man!

Nice ride share! I'm thinking drilled stock exhaust:confused2:It's hard to tell, but it doesn't seem as loud as D.W. Hole shot or Marks exhaust.:ummm:

I looked at your profile after my exhaust guess, Looks like I was wrong. Nice looking ride.

Man, you really make me want to get out there - I'm trying to stay of the salt, but the urge is approaching overwhelming levels.

I vote for some high rez uploads to you-tube. And I'd love to see some launches

Took mine for a short ride today,just far enough up the road to get a good second gear smoker going before I loaded it into the truck for a trip to............................. .............see A master mod monkey ,dont know whats gonna come of it but she's not gonna be the same when she comes home.

Yeah, that was from the HD "motorsports" Hero...the only differences between the "packages" is what mounts the camera comes with. This has a couple flat semi-permanent adhesive mounts, a couple slightly curved ones(that would go on a helmet), and a "Panavise" suction mount, which is what I used to the airbox lid. It's a pretty substantial, heavy duty suction cup...says it's been tested to 200mph. There's also a few connectors and right angle pieces, lots of flexibility in mounting.
They make a handlebar mount as well, but you'd have to buy that seperately. Plus, I think the videos look cooler when you can see the gauges. Think this one came off ebay for about ~$225 or so, new in box. It also has two different "doors" for the armor case...one is solid, which makes the case waterproof. The other one is mostly open, which gives better (louder) sound quality. Also says "if speeds will exceed 100mph", to use the solid door to cut wind noise. This video was with the open door.

You can select 5 modes....480p, 720p@30fps, 720p@60fps(for slow-mo playback), 960p@30, and 1080p@30. 960p is the default "tall" 4:3 recording, where the other four are 16:9 "wide". The internal battery pack is good for about 2 hours of recording, assuming you have enough memory...I put a 16gb SD card in it.

However, my bike was trashed when I got back, even from a short 15 minute ride. Salt mist, gunk, it was NASTY. Needed a good hose down afterward but I was going to go nuts if I didn't take it for a rip. Had a teensy bit of hesitation when I first started but it cleared up pretty fast, it's also got last year's gas still in it. Not bad.

The exhaust is dual Holeshot cans....

Loading the whole original video to utube now, it takes up to 2gb movies and up to 15min so no resizing needed. Stay tuned for a link, says it's gonna take like 2 hours to upload.

Yeah, that was from the HD "motorsports" Hero...the only differences between the "packages" is what mounts the camera comes with. This has a couple flat semi-permanent adhesive mounts, a couple slightly curved ones(that would go on a helmet), and a "Panavise" suction mount, which is what I used to the airbox lid. It's a pretty substantial, heavy duty suction cup...says it's been tested to 200mph. There's also a few connectors and right angle pieces, lots of flexibility in mounting.
They make a handlebar mount as well, but you'd have to buy that seperately. Plus, I think the videos look cooler when you can see the gauges. Think this one came off ebay for about ~$225 or so, new in box. It also has two different "doors" for the armor case...one is solid, which makes the case waterproof. The other one is mostly open, which gives better (louder) sound quality. Also says "if speeds will exceed 100mph", to use the solid door to cut wind noise. This video was with the open door.

You can select 5 modes....480p, 720p@30fps, 720p@60fps(for slow-mo playback), 960p@30, and 1080p@30. 960p is the default "tall" 4:3 recording, where the other four are 16:9 "wide". The internal battery pack is good for about 2 hours of recording, assuming you have enough memory...I put a 16gb SD card in it.

However, my bike was trashed when I got back, even from a short 15 minute ride. Salt mist, gunk, it was NASTY. Needed a good hose down afterward but I was going to go nuts if I didn't take it for a rip. Had a teensy bit of hesitation when I first started but it cleared up pretty fast, it's also got last year's gas still in it. Not bad.

The exhaust is dual Holeshot cans....

Loading the whole original video to utube now, it takes up to 2gb movies and up to 15min so no resizing needed. Stay tuned for a link, says it's gonna take like 2 hours to upload.
Cool, thanks for the info. I went back later and watched it again, but this time full screen with headphones on and turned way up! Thanks!

Took mine for a short ride today,just far enough up the road to get a good second gear smoker going before I loaded it into the truck for a trip to............................. .............see A master mod monkey ,dont know whats gonna come of it but she's not gonna be the same when she comes home.

did u make a trip to schenectady?

Here's the HD version on utube....since it wasn't 1080, it automatically dropped it down to 720, but it's still loads better on fullscreen. Make sure to click it up to 720. This is also the whole ride....getting it out of a snow/ice covered driveway is kind of tough....and as usual, I forgot to put the kickstand up. DOH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPfqeekTUY

When I'm home in a couple weeks I'll play around with different mounting locations(the suction cut mount also fits perfectly on the billet fork brace) and get some new clips, hopefully with 100% more hooligan.

nice video man, now i dont have to take a ride on mine since i just virtually took a ride on yours...lol. reminds me of roads and conditions around here.

I like to look at things a little different I guess! I would call it an "early spring ride" LOL

Back