Later model tacho to early model wiring differences

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've done a fair bit of searching today but can't find anything on the forum on the mods that are required to put a post 93 model tacho assy into an earlier model. I've ascertained there was a colour change of the plug, from white to red, and whilst it is possible to interchange them a couple of wiring mods are required.

Can anyone shed any light on the wiring changes or point me in the right direction by ways of a link?

According to the wiring diagram there doesn't appear to be any differences in the instrument side of the wiring although I note that the part # for the rev counter/ water temperature indicator did alter but I don't know what the differences are.

The rev counter for both part numbers has black, brown and grey wires and water temp black, green/ red and brown wires. In theory it should be a strait swap?????

I read a post that Sean had made mentioning wiring or pin changes to make it work. I'll send him an email for clarification but yeah, it does look like a straight swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainly the fuel warning lighting and way it grounds. The easiest way is to simply swap the wiring out for your original which all comes off easily off the back.

Sweet, all is answered. Thanks for the email reply too Sean [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back