Leather fanny pack coming out of retirment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
About 15 years ago I bought a leather Fanny pack, it's not a huge one but it has a lot of different pockets originally when I bought it it was because it had a rear zipper pocket closest to my body that I could carry my concealed in. After a while and using it when going on vacation my wife put a Nix on the Fanny pack. She was trying to be nice about it but when I got out of it is, make sure looked feminine.

Now with my GoPros I want to be able carry extra batteries chargers etc. and I'd like to have my camera along to take some really nice pictures. So here is my plan, I will now where the Fanny pack on the back rather than the front as I have different ways to conceal. Second thing I'm getting hope Sean reads this post and I'm wondering if whoever does is stitching on his seats I forget if it's him more if he has someone who does it, I'd like to have the V-Max or logo of the V-Max embroidered in to the front, I think that might take away some of the femininity.

So Sean if you read this post can you give me a little bit of feedback as far as getting some stitching done on my leather Fanny pack. I know how to get it to you, I just need to know if it's something you think can be done.

It's been 15 years and has a say things seem to come around in cycles so I hope I'm just slightly up above the curve in the Fanny pack is due to return.

Same word - different meanings. Down here a 'fanny' is a name for a vagina and you cant get much more feminine than that!

We call them bum bags - which makes you sound homeless I guess.

I use one of these for hunting. Blaze isnt law to wear here but its a good idea. We have idiots too. Cant beat blue in the bush. Even an idiot will look twice at a 'blue deer' I hope.
http://wilsonshunting.co.nz/cms/pages/bakery/5-pocket-rata-bumbag-2166.php

Or in regular camo?

Same word - different meanings. Down here a 'fanny' is a name for a vagina and you cant get much more feminine than that!

I use one of these for hunting. Blaze isnt law to wear here but its a good idea. We have idiots too. Cant beat blue in the bush. Even an idiot will look twice at a 'blue deer' I hope.

Or in regular camo?

Here is the Good Old USA we'll call them fanny packs, that was their original names so what if it sounds feminine. The link you showed me is what we would call a deluxe Fanny pack with side packs and blue designs on it. My just a plain black leather Fanny pack. Yours would carry a lot more than mine.

Just a little bit of fun with you don't take my comment to serious I was joking.

Ron,

Fanny packs weren't cool back in the day. Fanny packs are not cool now. Fanny packs will never be cool in the future.

The fact that you could care less about any of that and want to rock a leather fanny pack is pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ron,

Fanny packs weren't cool back in the day. Fanny packs are not cool now. Fanny packs will never be cool in the future.

The fact that you could care less about any of that and want to rock a leather fanny pack is pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I guess when you hit 60 you don't have to impress anyone. I look for things that make things easier, carrying extra GoPro batteries and other stuff make my 30 year old leather fanny pack convenient for me.

Plus you know how fashions come around again, I just might be ahead of the curve :rofl_200:

To be on the safe side I am going to have a Vmax patch embroidered on it

You slap a vmax patch on some skinny jeans and i might consider wearing them. ... but probably not.
Instead of fanny pack let's call it a waist satchel and it changes everything.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Hell with you guys I am going to have "Fanny Pack" embroidered on the fanny pack..............:rofl_200:

I just ordered a new pair of sunglasses to go with my fanny pack.

glasses.jpg

Of course I am joking with all of you

Or in regular camo?

Thank you!

Back in 8th grade, 1995-96, my social studies teacher went to Australia- got back and one day, funny I even remember this, the term fanny pack was brought up, and she wouldn't disclose exactly why they didn't call them "fanny packs" down there.

I knew it had to be bad enough to not mention to a classroom of 13-14 yr olds, and now I finally know. This has been haunting me ever since, but no more. Thank you!

Same teacher, same year, I remember the day OJ Simpson's trial verdict was announced. I just looked it up and it was October. I'll never forget the look on her face that day.

Not trying to derail thread, as if the disclaimer is necessary anyways. Cheers,

Hell with you guys I am going to have "Fanny Pack" embroidered on the fanny pack..............:rofl_200:

I just ordered a new pair of sunglasses to go with my fanny pack.

glasses.jpg

Of course I am joking with all of you
The blue blockers I used to have a pair of JP brand tortious shell I would wear over my prescription glasses. They were sweet.

Having made my comments Ill say if you had a .45 in the fanny pack then its just fine and manly enough.
However if you had a Derringer then........................

Nobody carries handguns here (Police have them in a lock box in the car but not regular carry) but you can shoot at clubs - no handgun hunting.
I have done a bit of shooting and love my friends 1911. Those big ol 230gr ashtrays are fun to put down range.

And I agree - wearing what you want against fashion is cool.

OK, I have decided to call my Fanny pack a accessories carrying device for my Vmax, I will still have a embroidered patch of the Vmax logo.

This shall get rid of any of the wissiffied image I have put in your minds............lol

Of course I am only joking.... sorry I have to make disclaimers but it is necessary.

We can do a simply stitch but embroidery can get expensive if you don't already have the file and setup ready. I would suggest getting a patch and having it installed probably by yourself or someone local with a sewing machine (or hand sew). Some patches are even iron on.

we can do a simply stitch but embroidery can get expensive if you don't already have the file and setup ready. I would suggest getting a patch and having it installed probably by yourself or someone local with a sewing machine (or hand sew). Some patches are even iron on.

ok 10-4

Kathy has a nice powder blue fanny pack she takes along on bike trips. Problem is, she makes ME wear it so she can get at what's in it easier! I always wondered why I kept hearing laughter all the time we were at Jim&Jimmies in Johnstown.. Think if I got a black one the laughing would stop?

Fake news...

Kathy has a nice powder blue fanny pack she takes along on bike trips. Problem is, she makes ME wear it so she can get at what's in it easier! I always wondered why I kept hearing laughter all the time we were at Jim&Jimmies in Johnstown.. Think if I got a black one the laughing would stop?

Fake news...

You need to have a black leather one it's manly :rofl_200:

You slap a vmax patch on some skinny jeans and i might consider wearing them. ... but probably not.
Instead of fanny pack let's call it a waist satchel and it changes everything.

Hmmmm....waist satchel, wouldn't that be the same thing as a "European shoulder bag", a "murse(man purse), or a man-bag"???

0.jpg

Back