Leather tank bag?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen one either....pretty cool looking....I got a Vmax for you over here...lol...may cost you the nicest zl1000 in the US.....

See John me and you are different; hell I was born to trade...lol....I'll let you have it back when I get tired of it....we only 30 miles apart...That sweet ZL will be in the garage with its own float charger and cover...will never see rain....lol.......My Vmax is a beast for sure; its the only bike I have ever had that would smoke backtire and wheelie at the same time...lol...I tested them new tires I put on it yesterday....I know that B-King you got would smoke me; but I think it would take 1/8 of a mile to do it..lol....

See John me and you are different; hell I was born to trade...lol....I'll let you have it back when I get tired of it....we only 30 miles apart...That sweet ZL will be in the garage with its own float charger and cover...will never see rain....lol.......My Vmax is a beast for sure; its the only bike I have ever had that would smoke backtire and wheelie at the same time...lol...I tested them new tires I put on it yesterday....I know that B-King you got would smoke me; but I think it would take 1/8 of a mile to do it..lol....

No, it would probably take about 1/8 of my driveway! :biglaugh:

Seriously, there were only 3000 ZL1000's ever made, they are rare as hen's teeth, I have only come across 5 in the last 5 years, and bought them all! There are literally 10's of thousands of VMAX's around, I can buy nice VMAX's all day long, but ZL1000's? Not so much. Resale value is a different story maybe, but I don't plan on selling mine, because I could never replace it with a nicer one! By the way, I just saw your bike on Craigslist! I'm telling you, if you sell it, you'll regret it!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2843750962.html

Maybe if I fell off in your driveway....lol....and at 58 years old, its possible...lol...I can still ride fairly well as light as I am...John I go all the way back to the Kawa Triple 750 two strokes...been riding a long time.....I remember the KZ but never ran into a ZL.....they are very rare....its a keeper bike for sure...I've owned so many bikes...
I got the Vmax listed and actually just testing the waters...would not mind going back to the lightweight R1's.....fuel-injected, six speed....I had a nice one but let it go in a trade that led me to the Vmax....Am getting a few offers on it, but nothing near good enough....its gonna take a hell of a bike to get this max...

You should see the ZL900 I'm currently working on, chrome EVERYTHING, including the frame! Just got an NOS red tank for it, it's an absolute BEAUTY! I've probably had a dozen ZL9's over the years, they are actually a little faster than the ZL1000's, because they launch like all get out. They will give a VMAX a run for it's money in the 1/8 mile too, although they peter out a bit on the top end. You need to come over and check it out, you see it in person, you'll fall in love with it. Now that's bike I "might" trade, but only because there are alot more of them around, they made about 10K total of them in 85 and 86, I see them pop up every few months on Craigslist. You need to come over when it warms up a bit and check out my stable!!!

will do...is that the 900 you replaced the motor on...or a different bike...

will do...is that the 900 you replaced the motor on...or a different bike...

Same bike, the only reason I put a new motor in it was because of how nice it was, I just couldn't part out a bike that had so much work done to it! I bet you all the chroming alone cost several thousand dollars! It had ONE bad spot on the front top of the gas tank, but I couldn't stand it, so I just spent six bills for an NOS one off a good friend of mine from the ZL forum. You see black NOS tanks on eBay once or twice a year, but I haven't seen a red one in probably 5 years, those are the only two stock colors for the ZL900. It's all fixed up now and runs like a Swiss watch!

031-2.jpg

RedZL900tank.jpg

I think I have one of these laying around here still. This was an OEM aftermarket accessory.

Sean

John i offered that dude 200 bucks for them well used Supertrapps that are on e-bay right now....he turned me down....lol....will probably still bid on them at the end of the auction....not over that amount thou......

Just got the tank cover today and installed it, I've gotta say, I really like it, especially on a black and silver bike!

001-51.jpg

Back