Led Accent Lighting? Does anyone have any

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipdaizii

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been following the conversations on here for the last couple of weeks since signing on. I was wondering if anyone has installed any LED lighting a V-Max? I have been kind of toying with the idea and would like to see some pictures if anybody has any.

Thanks

Fred

Hi everybody, I have been following the conversations on here for the last couple of weeks since signing on. I was wondering if anyone has installed any LED lighting a V-Max? I have been kind of toying with the idea and would like to see some pictures if anybody has any.

Thanks

Fred

Sure, I have mine v-max running with only two bulbs - the headlight projectors LOL
The rest is converted to led's.

I had some for a while, but it was too ricer for me. I stripped them and tossed it all. lol

I had toyed with the idea also, but ended up bailing on it since they're illegal in NY. Technically you can't have any colors other than white facing forward(only), red facing backwards(only), and ambers visible from the front,rear, or side. So I guess you could probably use amber LEDs and if ever asked say they're "marker lights".

They have bike checkpoints like that around me and I know a guy with a Goldwing that lights up like a Christmas tree got ticketed for it at one. Ticket was for "distracting lighting" or something. Little bullshit stuff like that is what NY's all about now in it's big money-grab, err, "safety", checkpoints.

Like Chris said I kind of thought it would be a bit ricer-ish as well, and quality kits are not cheap. Decided the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I have some red LED accent lighting. I mostly pieced it together from ebay, but there are complete kits available for a little bit more $$. Click on my user name, and you can view my pictures in my album. Bike looks a lot better than the pictures, I am not a good photographer! Looks real good at night, I didn't use too many but just enough to light it up a bit.

i did this one
but i think that's gonna be it for me...well except for the turn signals and brake lights (i'm sure those are not what you're talking about HEHEHE)

It's on the list of "to do" for me as well. I just found out that they are legal in Pa as long as their not facing outwards. So as long as you aim them towards like say a chrome part of the bike and not visible from the outside, their legal. And that came from a Pa motorcycle safety instructor. So it's on for me just gotta find the best working led's and start planning where to place them. I right now have white LEDs shining on my chrome valve covers. I have pics somewhere, I'll have to find them and post. I guess you should check your local laws and proceed from there. Good Luck, Ed

LEDs are fine in turn signal/ running lights but if you specifically mean "accent" lighting which is purely decorative, I don't think it fits the Vmax look, style, theme, attitude or whatever I'm trying to say. I had LEDs behind my scoops and rear tire when I bought my bike but after running it awhile, it all had to go. Not to mention it clutters up an already "busy" wiring harness! I still have LEDs as my brake light, license plate but the only other LED I would consider is Coprunners headlight mod! C'mon Coprunner, het yer ass down here to Florida and start cranking out them headlights!

I do sell a few different kinds of accent lighting (Kuryakyn and others) and we recently did some lighting on the reaper build we finished. Pics are in our facebook albums. See the signature.

Sean

I've run all sorts of led accent lighting, to the cheap stuff to the expensive stuff, and it looked pretty damn good in my opinion.

I haven't had ANY of it hold up long term, constantly burning out leds or getting water contamination in the housings...This is on a bike that was at that time a daily rider and ridden in the rain a fair amount, plus not being bashful about washing it the old fashioned way.................I finally gave up, too much hassle.....

I ran a few LED accents on my old chopper. hiding the wires and the LEDs were a pain in the ass on it. but it turned out pretty good. You really had to look to find the LED's, They were all hidden up under the tank and seat and aimed at the engine and transmission. At one point there was shaped neon tubes that were the plug wires. But they only stayed on the bike for about a week. Too much overkill.
I was going to add them to my max, but got a case of the lazies so I sold the controller and 300 LEDs.

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
Back