LED Driving lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running any led driving lights, thing about adding a set to my engine guards how many watts with the charging system handle??

The system will probably handle 50 watts worth of lighting. The only problem I have with LED lights is that they seem super bright looking at them, but don't always give that great a view of what's actually down the road. I don't know how to explain it. I totally want some, but I'm hesitant based on what I've been reading on other forums. Go to GL1800riders.com and ask those guys how they like them.

I got 12w spot light MR16/GU5.3 ones and i use one for low and the 2 for hi beam. Pretty bright and good light and only 24w maximum when both running

high-power-cree-mr16-e27-gu10-4x3w-12w-12v.jpg

My harness is far from stock but i have one wired to the low beam wire (low beam switch position) and the hi beam switch position is wired to both using a diode to allow for not illuminating both in low beam. To cut it short i have them in parallel to the hi beam wire allow for dual illumination with a diode in order not to allow back current from the low beam wire and thus allowing only one to be lit with the low beam wire if this makes sense... LOL. I have them encased in billet casings as you can see in the pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_4482.jpg
    IMG_4482.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 60
Is it bright enough for dark roads at night? I looks like almost exactly what I want to do.

What beam pattern are they? Driving/spot/flood? Now that I've seen it, I have lots of questions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Is it bright enough for dark roads at night? I looks like almost exactly what I want to do.

What beam pattern are they? Driving/spot/flood? Now that I've seen it, I have lots of questions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't ride much at night but i cannot complain (and i ride with one on). They are cheap enough for you to try out. You have spot (30 degrees beam) and flood (120degrees). When i got mine there were only spot versions. If i were you i'd get one for low beam with 30º and one for hi beam with 120º. It might be more powerful ones now, browse the web for it.

start with this link and go from there. They now even have waterproof ones in alloy casing, thats great for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...ot+case&_nkw=led+spot+case&_sacat=0&_from=R40

my buddy had some but he removed them. The don't draw too much amperage but the are powered by something that is just like a stun gun. If you touch the wrong wire, you will be knocked down. I tried it and it knocked me back a bit. I'm fat.

I would have thought the 30° as high beam since it usually has a longer range than the flood type. Why the opposite way Fred?

I thought before of getting these 18w waterproof spot and flood lights but not sure it's worth replacing my dual 35 HID projectors setup.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I would have thought the 30° as high beam since it usually has a longer range than the flood type. Why the opposite way Fred?

I thought before of getting these 18w waterproof spot and flood lights but not sure it's worth replacing my dual 35 HID projectors setup.

what did you use for your projector housings?

I got 2 projectors from a madass bike. They are bigger than the usual fog lights with different lenses for low and high beam and a cutoff for the low beam. They won't take anything more than 55w since they are ABS made not metal.

Yeah you are right... The other way around it of course...
Cheap enough to try it...

Latest posts

Back