LED H4?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do sell a high output bulb kit ($40) that is 100/140 Watt verses the 55/60 watt stock.

Thank you Sean. At this moment I'm looking for LED = more lumens per watt. I have used higher wattage H$ bulbs in other applications though. so I appreciate what delivers.

Anybody have any H4 LEDS they were able to plug and play and delivered a quality beam pattern?

Anybody have any H4 LEDS they were able to plug and play and delivered a quality beam pattern?

You may get a more positive answer to what I'm about to write.

I had a look into this and the conclusion I came to is no. Filament bulbs produce light in all directions and use the rear reflector to shape the beam, and to lesser extent the front lens.

LED produce a narrower beam in one direction and have lenses shape the beam.

So the two bulbs aren't really interchangeable.

There are numerous LED bulbs for headlights on ebay, majority from China that basically make fake claims - reviews say beam pattern is wrong as well as there being dark areas.

To covert to a LED headlamp, the entire unit needs to be changed.

There supposedly are 4.75inch LED headlamps (originally for HD) that can be made to work, possibly even fitting inside the original bowl.

Good luck with your search.

I have replaced the stock bulb for a HID a lot more light with good distribution. They are available in ranges from 6,000 to 12,000 kelvin. Basically from white light to purple blue light. These bulbs are not road legal but have had these on my Gen 2 since 2009 and never had an issue.

Back