LED headlight bulb in 2007?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roodillom

Reaction score
I bought an LED headlight bulb for my 2007 but the wire going to the fan kept making the light go on and off, it had a bad connection. So I got another one just like it and as soon as I plugged it in it fried. Do LED headlight bulbs work on a 2007? I might have been unlucky and got two defective ones in a row. If my Max can use an LED headlight bulb is there a certain one that works well? There are a ton of them on eBay but I don't want to have more problems. If there is a "good" one I need to know about it.

Thank you

I bought an LED headlight bulb for my 2007 but the wire going to the fan kept making the light go on and off, it had a bad connection. So I got another one just like it and as soon as I plugged it in it fried. Do LED headlight bulbs work on a 2007? I might have been unlucky and got two defective ones in a row. If my Max can use an LED headlight bulb is there a certain one that works well? There are a ton of them on eBay but I don't want to have more problems. If there is a "good" one I need to know about it.

Thank you
Not without resistors, relays.

why resistor or relays?
most of them have a box that prevents all that crap,at least the ones that are worth to get.
talk to the seller,maybe they were defective...

Thank you

Not sure if you have resolved this, I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UX5WRBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it works great, very bright! It is a little crowded in the bucket but it does fit.

Hi Orion

Not to be smart are you sure it fits right ? :ummm: I have the same bulb & love it but I had to take a good 1/8" out of the back of the bucket for the housing to clear.

Dave
I just ordered one last night.

I just ordered one last night.

Hi Blax

If yours fits great if not you already have a dremel. I used a endmill to take the material out. I didn't go threw but did make it pretty thin. I'm pretty sure your going to like it. Uses less then half the watts of a stock bulb. :eusa_dance:

Dave

Hi Blax

If yours fits great if not you already have a dremel. I used a endmill to take the material out. I didn't go threw but did make it pretty thin. I'm pretty sure your going to like it. Uses less then half the watts of a stock bulb. :eusa_dance:

Dave

Thanks.

Hi Orion

Not to be smart are you sure it fits right ? :ummm: I have the same bulb & love it but I had to take a good 1/8" out of the back of the bucket for the housing to clear.

Dave

Took less than 2 mins and very happy with the results-No modification at all-2 screws out of the bucket unplug the old plug in the new, twistlock and put 2 screws back in. The fan sounds cool too.
Got it on sale through Ebay because the box was opened.

Took less than 2 mins and very happy with the results-No modification at all-2 screws out of the bucket unplug the old plug in the new, twistlock and put 2 screws back in. The fan sounds cool too.

I'm glad it went right in for you not sure why mine hit. I think the fan spins at 7000 rpm.

Dave

I'm glad it went right in for you not sure why mine hit. I think the fan spins at 7000 rpm.

Dave

6800rpm- I counted it.:rofl_200:
Did you make sure your have the black insert with 3 prongs turned the right way? It insets and if you don't it would make it too long to fit in the bucket.

6800rpm- I counted it.:rofl_200:
Did you make sure your have the black insert with 3 prongs turned the right way? It insets and if you don't it would make it too long to fit in the bucket.

I'm pretty sure you can only lock it in one way.

Bought one of these also, got it in on Saturday. Like Blaxmax stated easy install, It took me about 5 min, a little slower, I turned the adjustment screw instead of the two bottom bezel screws, didn't realize it until I turned it about 4 twist and it wasn't coming out. (LOL) Had to wait until dark to get it adjusted back in the general area again. Very pleased with it VERY bright.

Yes I like the little fan sound also. According to the Amazon site "Refuse heat. It is build-in with a 6500rpm fan to keep it cool during operating." I DID NOT count mine. maybe Blaxmax "V-boosted" his.

I still swaer by using headlight relays with an H-4 bulb. The light on my '85 is bright enough to start grass fires on the side of the road..
I hear those fans spin fastest in '85's..

I still swaer by using headlight relays with an H-4 bulb. The light on my '85 is bright enough to start grass fires on the side of the road..
I hear those fans spin fastest in '85's..

I'm getting 6800rpm- others are 6500---:confused2:

Back