LED headlights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetland

Reaction score
I went into a local shop looking at helmets and seen the LED headlights on the new 1100 Honda Rebel. Has anyone put these or something similar on a gen -1?EDB82C34-1623-4FE9-95AF-9670CC2C7590.png

Like this?? Hogworkz Daymaker bulb...not cheap but way way better than stock. Cheap ebay bucket modified to accecpt stock mounts and wires.20201219_165931.jpg Works good.

Like this?? Hogworkz Daymaker bulb...not cheap but way way better than stock. Cheap ebay bucket modified to accecpt stock mounts and wires.View attachment 75805 Works good.
Hey buddy do you happen to have the link or know what bucket you bought to fit that light? I have one modified with my oem bucket but it doesn't look as good as what you have and I'd like to change it out. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200408_105158.jpg
    20200408_105158.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200408_105046.jpg
    20200408_105046.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 38
Yes, gentsvmax and I talked about it before but I couldn't seem to find the conversation we had. Thanks for your help.

Like this?? Hogworkz Daymaker bulb...not cheap but way way better than stock. Cheap ebay bucket modified to accecpt stock mounts and wires.View attachment 75805 Works good.

I agree and like the style but not the HD O.E. cost.
I had spoke to a parts guy here at an HD dealership that told me AFTER I bought my Daymaker that other than the markings and that lit HD emblem
the knock-offs are pretty much the same light and that the Daymaker was "Over built" to withstand the harsh vibrations of the HD.

My brother picked his look-alike up for $60+ the ride off ebay.

Can you post what you were able to find off eBay? The stock light for me even with an LED bulb in it just isn’t cutting it. Went from riding a newer bike with great headlight to this. Bike is great if you don’t ride at night.. I would like to try this out though

The stock light for me even with an LED bulb in it just isn’t cutting it.

Yeah, from what I've read, LED bulbs don't work too good in an enclosure designed for filament bulbs.

You need a complete unit, seems to be quite a few 5.57 inch units on ebay ; ideally one that would fit inside the original housing but looking at the shape, I doubt it.

Yeah, from what I've read, LED bulbs don't work too good in an enclosure designed for filament bulbs.

You need a complete unit, seems to be quite a few 5.57 inch units on ebay ; ideally one that would fit inside the original housing but looking at the shape, I doubt it.

I’m going to agree. Halogen housings are made for halogen bulbs. It was worth a try. I ended up ordering a 5-3/4 housing and a LED daymaker look alike from Amazon today. Hopefully it’ll be in by the weekend or so. I’ll report back with results. Total of $69 for both and with a ton of good reviews. If it works better than stock it’ll be well worth it. Lots of people here saying the HD one is the same thing as the cheaper ones and that the cheaper ones just aren’t as rigid as the HD. Fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back