led lighting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6092

Reaction score
I am kinda new to the forum and thought one of you guys might help me out a bit. I have an 05 V Max, stock for now, and I'm looking at a led tail light kit that replaces the stock unit under the fender. It goes on ebay for 123.00. Has any one installed this on their bike?. The sellers name is scoobyvan

hey uncle dave, its about time you posted something up!!!!. theres a bunch of better looking conversions than that one that some of these guys have done.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15851

i plan on doing one similar to this over the summer. i have better metal working tools and a welder so it should be easy.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14383

plus i will be doing this where the rear reflector is.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16214

my exhaust should be here next week or so, you still gonna come over and help me and the old man install it? you better, you only live 5 minutes from me!!!

I have an LED assembly on mine. It dramatically changed the look of the bike for the better. Good luck.

"Technically" I doubt it's legal since brake lights need to be DOT approved for visibility. However even the most hardcore johnny-law cop isn't going to bother with that. I doubt mine is technically legal either, but I wouldn't even have the slightest worry you'll ever be bothered about it.

0129111441a.jpg

That one cost $20 shipped off ebay. It's far brighter than jon's $130 UFO light.

The "monstermax" light(google it), looks really sweet but it's about 6x more expensive than I was willing to pay. Sean also has one that integrates the turn signals, but I know in NY they check/issue tickets for signals too close to the tail, though that's one law I can see the reasoning behind....my front ones on stubby stalks are virtually invisible next to the bright white headlight...why I added amber strips inside the scoops that flash with each side's blinker.

I bought one on e-bay, it's not specific to tha v-max but you wouldn't be able to tell because it fit so well. The seller was luvthehub,

Gary Spradley all the way! get a custom one built with the turn signals in the end of it. I have some pics of it but they do not show the turn signals. It is under the grab rail and is billet alum that is chromed

Gannon
DSC_0246.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

whats with the middle light being shorter when lite up? you order a different number for that?

whats with the middle light being shorter when lite up? you order a different number for that?

The LED's were ordered that way. The last 5 LED's on each end are amber and are for turn signals. I just didn't have a picture to post :confused2:

Gannon

Gary Spradley all the way! get a custom one built with the turn signals in the end of it. I have some pics of it but they do not show the turn signals. It is under the grab rail and is billet alum that is chromed

Gannon
DSC_0246.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00543.jpg
Did you get this done recently Gannon? I contacted Gary Spradley last spring and he said he didn't have ability to machine the because his guy moved or something. It looks great and is a very nice quality piece!

Brian,
It has been a couple years or so. I wish I had time to draw it out , then I could have one machined. I thought Gary said that his friend at NASA machined mine..

Gannon

Did you get this done recently Gannon? I contacted Gary Spradley last spring and he said he didn't have ability to machine the because his guy moved or something. It looks great and is a very nice quality piece!

I got the same info last year. I would love to have one of those! I already have the lights, just need the machined aluminum piece. Anyone with a mill handy looking for a project? I would think it would be a lot cheaper to just weld the mounting tabs on the back instead of using a piece of billet and carving all the material away.

I got the same info last year. I would love to have one of those! I already have the lights, just need the machined aluminum piece. Anyone with a mill handy looking for a project? I would think it would be a lot cheaper to just weld the mounting tabs on the back instead of using a piece of billet and carving all the material away.

I think that the only true way would be CNC machining. Due to the fact of the arch over the rear fender. I am no machinist, but by hand it might be tough to do the archy arch.

Gannon

Back