LED LITES....MaxBling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
SWEET LIGHTS!
Please tell us what kind you used, where you got em and how & where did you mount them for all the AWESOME lighting.

Here's a picture of Maxbling's VMax.

Attachments

• maxbling640.jpg
    maxbling640.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 50
I think they might be neons not LEDs. They seem pretty bright for LEDs.

Buster Hymen said:
I think they might be neons not LEDs. They seem pretty bright for LEDs.

You never know, my Surefire 6Z with the KL5 LED conversion head has only a single LED and puts out 60 lumens which would burn a hole in your retina if flashed a couple inches from your eyes.

Granted, it does look neon though!
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA

Last edited:
Those lights make the bike look mean and classy at the same time. I think you did a great job. Doesn't seem like allot of members have put lights on their bikes or they're just not posting them....

I'm generally not a big fan of neon lights under vehicles, however it looks really good on his bike.

I've got blue "Boggie lites" on mine.....They are LEDS....

I previously put a smal blue neon tube on mine out of a wall clock (it had a 12 volt converter pack on it; I just cut it loose and wired it straight)...
That particular unit created ignition interference tho' because the neons use a box that converts 12 volts to 60-100 volts AC..the ac set up some kind of RF my Dyna Ignition did not like.

I'm kind of indifferent on the lights themselves, my wife bought them for me last Christmas. Sometimes I think they are cool and sometimes I'm a little embarrased by them..maybe a little "ricey" They do have an off switch tho'

That's Jim McCormick's bike. I saw it first hand at Thunder this year, it is indeed very cool.

I like...ME WANT!
THIS, I FEEL...IMHO is a MUST DO....lol
well.....maybe not but it is COOL!
Tell the details of how it was done...PLEASE!

Buster Hymen said:
To save everyone logging into Yahoo, I've attached the pictures here.

Looks great, I bet it was a lot of work to make them look that sharp.

Buster Hymen said:
To save everyone logging into Yahoo, I've attached the pictures here.
Could these Vmax and Yamaha glows possibly be reflective inlays that glow in the dark? When I bought my Yami inlays, they had a choice where some glow in the dark and were very reflective to light.

Mark....was the yamaha logo on the scoops cut out?
Looks like they might be with lighting under them....definately COOL looking!
I prefer blue....always run blue lighting on everything....truck, 67 chevelle....interior on my z24, etc...

Here's a post from Jim on what he did:

John,
The 'Yamaha' in my scoops and the "Vmax' in my side covers are both backlit with LED's. I cut out the letters with a Dremel, then filed them with a set of hobby files, to get the edges nice and straight...it'The 'Yamaha' in
my scoops and the "Vmax' in my side covers are both backlit with LED's. I cut out the letters with a Dremel, then filed them with a set of hobby files, to get the edges nice and straight...it'<WBR>s just very time-consuming, not very difficult. Then I put pieces of yellow polycarbonate behind the letters and siliconed them in place (thanks to Scott Mellor for the idea). After that, I
filled in the letters with a two-part, clear epoxy, using a large syringe to fill in the letters.

maleko89 said:
Here's a post from Jim on what he did:

John,
The 'Yamaha' in my scoops and the "Vmax' in my side covers are both backlit with LED's. I cut out the letters with a Dremel, then filed them with a set of hobby files, to get the edges nice and straight...it'The 'Yamaha' in
my scoops and the "Vmax' in my side covers are both backlit with LED's. I cut out the letters with a Dremel, then filed them with a set of hobby files, to get the edges nice and straight...it'<WBR>s just very time-consuming, not very difficult. Then I put pieces of yellow polycarbonate behind the letters and siliconed them in place (thanks to Scott Mellor for the idea). After that, I
filled in the letters with a two-part, clear epoxy, using a large syringe to fill in the letters.
anyone have a CHEAP set of scoops I can get to practice on?

If you look in the calendar entry section I did a similiar thing only as far as backlighting the scoops with led lighting. I do need something to diffuse the lighting tho' like he did with the polycarbonate.

Very cool and very professionally executed. Gotta love it.

By the way the clear two part epoxy is probably a product called "DEVCON". We use it at work occasionally and it is a damn good product. It actually comes in a two part syringe.

Latest posts

Back