Led signal stabilizer.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridin Dirty

Reaction score
Anybody got any experience with the metric signal stabilizer, sold by Custom Dynamics?

It's supposed to take the place of the 7.5 ohm load equalizers they sell. It isn't having any effect, whether I have it connected or not. Part of the reason I want to change to LED's is to reduce electrical power demand. Using resistors that heat up and consume power eliminates this benefit from the LED's.

They also sell an electronic flasher module. Can I use this? If I use the electronic flasher, does it eliminate the need for the signal stabilizer? I'm surmising that the electronic flasher does not require the same resistance as the stock flasher, to operate.

Thanks!

We just used the flasher module and it worked Awesome!

Sean

We just used the flasher module and it worked Awesome!

Sean

Hi Sean,

You didn't use any load equalizers or a signal stabilizer? Just LED bulbs and the electronic flasher?

Have you heard anything, from RC Comp, on the rims yet?

What is a signal stabilizer? I've haver heard of one.

I have their flasher and it works ok. I had to do the diode mod to the instrument cluster first though. And you lose self cancel feature

What is a signal stabilizer? I've haver heard of one.

I have their flasher and it works ok. I had to do the diode mod to the instrument cluster first though. And you lose self cancel feature

Custom Dynamics sells the Signal Stabilizer as an alternative to the load equalizers. They say it's a no load no heat substitute. It's wired into the signal wiring. It costs more, but but doesn't heat up. I want to free up more electrical power for things like charging the battery, so that's why I went with it.

I've been in contact with their tech support, today, and their sending me out a new one. So, I'm giving their customer service an A+.

I'm going to order their electronic flasher relay, anyway, just in case.

Custom Dynamics sells the Signal Stabilizer as an alternative to the load equalizers. They say it's a no load no heat substitute. It's wired into the signal wiring. It costs more, but but doesn't heat up. I want to free up more electrical power for things like charging the battery, so that's why I went with it.

I've been in contact with their tech support, today, and their sending me out a new one. So, I'm giving their customer service an A+.

I'm going to order their electronic flasher relay, anyway, just in case.

To be honest, I just did the diode fix at the instrument panel and left all else alone. I wanted to keep my signal canceling feature. My LED blinkers dont flash too rapidly and I like it for higher availability since I do mostly dark riding to work in the mornings.

I never noticed my signals canceling themselves anyway! So I didn't miss that "feature" when I replaced my flasher.

The load equalizer/signal stabilizer is not needed when you do the diod fix on the turn indicator light and the flasher from customdynamics.

We used the flasher when the load equalizers didn't work (had three of them wired in parallel with the system and still was blinking so fast they almost appeared to be on full time).

Sean

Back