Led turns signals hyperflashing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Reaction score
Picked up a set of smaller led turn signals for the front of my max. Installed them and of course im getting a hyperflash. I understand why its doing it. Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get s couple resistors. I dont know much about them and have never had to install them on anything. Also wondering if anyone has done this, which im sure they have, where is a good place to mount them. Ive been reading that they get hot so i would assume they wouldnt be safe in the headlight housing. I picked up a cbr tail light to install in the rear. That came with a resistor so im sure that light will be fine but i wanna correct the hyperflash im haveing now before i go on to do that.

One thing to consider. The hyper flashing will make you more visable to someone in a car. I have leds. ....and let mine hyper flash to get someone's attention.

One thing to consider. The hyper flashing will make you more visable to someone in a car. I have leds. ....and let mine hyper flash to get someone's attention.

Yea i thought about that too. I had a 94 cb1000 that did the same thing when i put led turns signals on. I was just wondering if it would affect the cbr tail light when i install it.

I installed an electronic flash relay from custom dynamics to solve my flash rate problem.

Only downside to this is that it negates the self cancel feature.

I also had an issue with all 4 turn signals flashing at the same time no. This was solved by installing a diode in the signal wiring behind the gauge cluster on the faux tank. You cut the two wires going to the turn signal dash indicator. Extend one to ground. Install the diodes on the other wire. Extend the diodes to the pigtail left on the indicator socket.

See i dont have a problem with all 4 flashing at the same time. They are just hyperflashing. Turn left signal on front and rear hyper flash. Turn right signal on front and rear hyper flash. Now i dont have a problem that it does that i was just thinking it might affect the cbr tail light mod when i do it. But i would guess that since the cbr tail ligh comes with a resistor that maybe it wont. Just hyperflash up front and the tail light do its normal thing. Idk ive been known to be wrong before. :confused2:

Front and rear will flash the same since they are tied together and the flash relay tells them what to do.

Fast or slow is anyone's guess.

If you have oem rear signals now and remove them and switch to the CBR unit only, you may run find all 4 flashing at the same time.

The OEM flash relay needs to see a certain resistance to function properly. Different LED signals produce different results. You'll just have to hook it up and see what happens. I think most guys have been OK without additional parts.

Let us know how you make out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Installed the cbr tail light this weekend. Front and rear blinkers still hyperflash. I wanna put resistors in on the front blinkers. Can anyone suggest what ohm to get?

5ohm 20 watts alloy finned per blinker or one 40/50watts per side. Attach them to a flat surface for heat sink. The rhythm is a consequence of the power request from the blinkers so the more power they are rated the slower the blinking.

Ok so there is only one ground for both the front blinkers and one positive for each. I understand the resistor has to be hooked up between the positive and the ground. So with there only being one ground for both will i have to hook up both resitors to the one ground? Just in different spots on the ground wire? Im trying to instal the resistors back by the the key for the bike. Next to the coolant cap.

One ground for both blinkers. Then a positive wire for each blinker. Green and brown are positive.

Installed the cbr tail light this weekend. Front and rear blinkers still hyperflash. I wanna put resistors in on the front blinkers. Can anyone suggest what ohm to get?

The resistors need to be installed on the back turn signal wires(CRR REAR LIGHT), in parallel if you have incandescent in the front. This will slow flashing down to just below stock a bit. Having LED's up front might require more changes. The resistance value changes quite a bit with LED's. I think I bought the resistors from Bike Bandit. The flash unit Mike has is worth getting. The resistors are a pain, and generate some heat. I'd go that way if I didn't have so much to do.

I have led blinkers up front. And tue cbr unit is led obviously also. The cbr unit was with a resistor. With that hooked up all blinkers still blinked fast. Last night i put 10 ohm resisters in line on the front signals and it slowed all the blinkers down. Those things sure do get hot tho. I made sure there werent touching any wires just in case it would melt them.

What affects the rate is the power of the resistor rather than the resistance. Resistance affects more the light output of the LEDs instead

What affects the rate is the power of the resistor rather than the resistance. Resistance affects more the light output of the LEDs instead
No, that's not right. It is the value of the resistor ie its resistance value that affects the flash rate.

The resistor's power rating determines how much heat the resistor can handle. A low power resistor would burn up in a circuit which requires a high power one.

(yes, I realise this is an old posting)

Latest posts

Back