LH and RH Headlamp difference ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
A stupid question perhaps but is the headlamp different for driving on left (UK, Japan, Australia) to that for driving on the right (USA, Europe, Bolivia), and if yes, can you tell from the pattern on the lens?

I've had a closer look at my headlamp and the lensing patter is symmetrical implying it does no matter what side of the road is it used.
mine:
headlamp mine.jpg

but there does appear to be handed ones, as can be seen by the triangular lensing in the right hand half.
headlamp - sided.jpg

we used to have 'angled' beam headlights in the UK but everything seems to be flat now like yours, my bike is like yours too (USA import) and so have a lot of my previous bikes, the last bikes I had which had angled beam patterns were from the early 2000's, maybe all new stuff is flat beamed to keep costs down now,
if we needed to get a 'foreign' angled beam headlight through an MOT we had to stick a bit of tape over the angled part of the glass to create a flat beam spread

Latest posts

Back