License Plate "MYVMAX" in Fairfax, VA.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I was on my way to work Monday morning, driving my car because I had meetings or I would have been riding my bike. But I was in Fairfax on Route 50 stopped at a light and a Vmax pulls up next to me. Looked all stock and I noticed the License Plate said MYVMAX.

Just thought I'd throw a message up here and see if he's a member. I havne't found any other Vmax owners in this general area.

Patrick.

Cool plate, I just checked the availability in my state and its available, might just get it when plate expires.........

I am a firm believer in anonymity, you can have the vanity plates. Closest I will go is a specialty plate, with a random-sequence #'s/letters. "Officer, it said BD2DBNE!"

My avatar used to be my vanity plate, except I lost it (fell off the bike). I have a regular random #'s one now, though considering the way I ride and frequency of run-ins with the troopers, an easily remembered vanity plate isn't the best bet, so I think I'll just keep the regular one.

Remember seeing one once that was "o0o0o0o0", all zeroes and o's. Now that's impossible to remember at a glance.

My avatar used to be my vanity plate, except I lost it (fell off the bike). I have a regular random #'s one now, though considering the way I ride and frequency of run-ins with the troopers, an easily remembered vanity plate isn't the best bet, so I think I'll just keep the regular one.

Remember seeing one once that was "o0o0o0o0", all zeroes and o's. Now that's impossible to remember at a glance.

Remember their proper names:
State police are "troopers (trooper)."
County sheriffs are "deputies (deputy)."
Municipal or town/village police are "officers (officer)."

It can't hurt when you get stopped. Also, turn-off your bike, remove your helmet, and remove your sunglasses. Don't reach into your pockets until asked to produce your papers. Some LEO's get jumpy about movements like that.

Just answer the question, don't ramble-on. Don't make excuses. Besides they have probably not heard the one you were gonna use, that would be the first time for them hearing it-today!

The best speeding excuse I ever read-about was, "my ex-wife left me for a (insert the LEO type here), and I thought you were bringing her back!"

If you can't remember the difference between trooper , deputy or officer , " SIR " , will work every time. :punk:

I'm gonna rock my purple heart plate. Can't hurt if i get pulled over! :punk:

I would have to agree though if you get pulled over just be respectful, to the point, and honest about what happened! It's your best bet!

If you can't remember the difference between trooper , deputy or officer , " SIR " , will work every time. :punk:
When someone was being arrested for drunk driving after an accident in my jurisdiction, the LEO's would wince when the drunk would rattle-his/her trap on-and-on, "sir, I haven't been drinking, no sir, I wouldn't drink and drive, sir, because you can be a menace to others. No sir!" Fire-rescue would be there to see if we needed to transport them to the e.r. with a LEO either in the box with us or following.

Now, the fact that you call them a trooper, a deputy, or an officer isn't going to get you out of a DUI, but the fact that you know the difference may buy some goodwill with the officer if you aren't impaired. Kinda like that 'thin blue line' on a white background implies the person has a role in law enforcement, and they will ask about it if they see it.

Saw this guy again this morning. We apparently take the same route to work and roughly the same time frame.

Come on... this guy's not a member here???

I can't ever seem to get up next to him to yell at him.

Latest posts

Back