Licensing your bike???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
Does any other staes other than dumb a$$ Mo. only let you run your plates through April???

I bought my bike in Nov. 06 took and had it inspected, licensed, and registered in the first thirty days (just like your supposed to)...and at the time they tell me your plates will only be good untill April 07 (because that when all Bikes,boats trailers ect are due to be renewed) I thought, thats pretty stupid, none of the other states (3) that I've had a bike in did it that way, but what ever....well I go to renew my tags and they tell me Oh you have to go get your bike reinspected because the inspection is only good for 60 days (even though it was a two year inspection)....this is load of crap...I HATE oue department of Rev.!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Max01red said:
Does any other staes other than dumb a$$ Mo. only let you run your plates through April???

I bought my bike in Nov. 06 took and had it inspected, licensed, and registered in the first thirty days (just like your supposed to)...and at the time they tell me your plates will only be good untill April 07 (because that when all Bikes,boats trailers ect are due to be renwed) I thought, thats pretty stupid, none of the other states (3) that I've had a bike in did it that way, but what ever....well I go to renew my tags and they tell me Oh you have to go get your bike reinspected because the inspection is only good for 60 days (even though it was a two year inspection....this is load of crap...I HATE oue department of Rev.!!!!!!!
ours is April 30th in New York....I know....stupid!

Our State wide expiration of MC plates in Idaho is December 31. It's usually crappy here so it's not too big of a deal.

Ours expire based on your last name, mine begins with 'C' so all my plates expire in May.
No inspection required before licensing though.

Plates in Nevada expire one year from the date of registration. Sounds like you get screwed in some other states:confused2:
Lew

In Ontario, Canada your plate/sticker expires on your birthday. It use to be December 31 before that.

All those registration and inspection dates sound likie away to increase revenue by shortening dates. What crap.

Texas reg. and Insp. is one year from whenever it was done last.

If you are way overdue you can even sign an affadavit saying the vehicle has been out of service and get out of any late fees.

Oh yeah money is what it is all about.....I called the department of revenue yesterday and told them exactly what I thought about this set up....they called me back this morning and said that if I went into the local licensing office today, and asked for the manager I could use my inspection from Nov.....lol..

Well I get to the office, wait in line for a half hour and finlay get to a "window"....I tell the "lady' behind the counter, I need to see the BRANCH MANAGER....and she asks me what it is in regaurds to , so I explain it to her....she says "Oh I'm a manager, and I allready heard about this, so I can take care of it." ....WOW I think, this is going better than I expected (but not so fast my friend)she goes to fill out the paper work and I notice its only for one year, so I say very nicely, "I'm sorry I should have told you, I want a two year renewal."....Oh No she says You can only do one because of the inspection..(remember my inspection is allready a two year deal)....So still calmly I tell her I just talked to her boss ( Don't want to give her name out on here) and she said if there was any question or problems to have the BRANCH manager give her a call (and she gave me her direct line)..well she tells me she is not going to call her and she doesn't have to do anything if she doesn't want to ,at this point I tell her (not very nicely) to call her boss and it will all be straightened...she still refuses and we start yelling at each other in the middle of a crowded office.......she then tells me I have to leave, and I tell her I'm not going anywhere untill I get my tags...she says she can call the police, and I tell her to call away, but I hope she is willing to bet her job on it because once the police are called I will take it to the top and she will be in a "world of ****"...she presses this little button under the desk and I figure its to call a cop in the back room or something...but no its the BRANCH MANAGER that comes out and says "oh you musr be John, yeah my boss just called me this morning and told me it was ok for you to do a two year renewal with the Nov. inspection"...so the dumb bitch I was fighting with wasn't even the manager...and I made her look pretty stupid in front of probably thirty or fourty costomers and everyone she works with, because thay were all satnding there watching the entire deal...

So that was my day how was yours....lol

Back