Life Logging Software

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
This may seem a little strange to you so bear with me.

I want to find software that i can use to log/track every detail of my life. I am obese, i chain smoke, i eat extremely unhealthy, and i have a job that just amplifys all my bad decision making and bad habits through the roof. Im also horrible with money and keeping track of my finances. Im super unorganized and very lazy. Id like to log every detail and keep a record. Run my life like a business in a way.

Does anyone know of or could you help me find such a thing? I have found some for weight loss only but i want something for EVERYTHING.

If you still dont see what im getting at let me try to explain a little further.

When i get done with my day. I want to be able to get on my computer, and enter how much money i spent by keeping my reciepts.
How much sales tax i payed.
How many miles i logged on my truck.
How many cigs i smoked.
What kind of food i ate. How many calories etc.
What kind of excercising i did and calculate calories burned.
Weight loss/goals
Blood pressure/blood sugar. Doctor visits. Meds taken.
Alcohol consumption.
How i feel physically and mentally day to day.
Work and personal finances. Bills etc.
Calender that will remind me of stuff.
Weekly weigh in.

I could sit for hours thinking of things to log and helpful features.

Basically a program i can set to log every aspect of my life, set goals, reminders, graph things, keep myself in check and have a way of going back and looking at things. I want it to be able to keep track of my money, my health, my weight loss, quitting cigs, EVERYTHING.

Lets say in a year or so, if i kept at it, and logged virtually everything. I could have it graphed out, and see the big picture. I think it would be a great tool to better myself. And would give me something to look at, at the end of the week, month, year, etc to try to improve upon, see where i can slack, where and what i could tweak, in what way, what variables.

Im sure someone somewhere has thought of this before and done such a thing. Do they make software like i describe?

Can't help on the software but best of luck on the new found direction..sounds like a good positive step foward.:thumbs up:

I'd take a course in using Excel or something similar (or just read a book/tutorial) for most of your list.

For the calendar/reminder, use google/Windows Live/Yahoo calendar, you can send email reminders.

http://www.google.com/calendar
http://calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx?mkt=en-us

They are free (just sign up) and easy to use. Lots of other features too.

Good luck with improving your life, I might take it a piece at a time. Add some real goals that are meaningful to you. For instance, I'll buy a Gen 2 VMAX in three years with the money I save from not buying cigs and boose, or whatever.

We're all in the same boat, but some are in the part that's further under water.

Steve

I agree with above. For what you want, you are better off using a spreadsheet as it is easy to add columns in as you need them.

I have just the thing you require to take control of your life, it's called a "woman"

Hey there Clint. As far as your diet/excercise goes, check out www.sparkpeople.com . I know you're attempting to find an all-inclusive program but until it can be found, use that site to track this aspect of your life.

I'm a personal trainer and would love to give you any help I can in this area. You need only ask and we'll get things started.

I'm sure there are many others here that can help as well.
-

Clintard you have a good idea.

I wouldnt mind doing the same thing, but Im too lazy to enter the damn info. J/k

Maybe you could design your own program to suit your needs and have some computer geek make you the software then you could sell it.

I liked this one http://www.sdiary.com/ that KJ posted

Clint,

With all that I have been through and am going through in my life I completely understand where you are coming from. My advice is to not only look into the software side of things, but buy a journal as well. Write your thoughts as they occur and don't wait. What I do is go back through them and re-read what I wrote to capture my thoughts. You will be surprised at what you will write when putting pen to paper and not taking time to think about it. As people we tend to try to rationalize actions, feelings, etc. when we should really focus on them in their raw state. If you need to please feel free to PM me and I can help you along my friend. Trust me when I say that the guys here are the best and we really will help where we can!

I recently started a program run by our local recreation center. They have us write down everything we eat, set up exercise programs for group, team and individual efforts. In 3 weeks I have lost 8.5 lbs and gained 7 lbs of muscle. I have already dropped 1.5" in the waist and feel more energetic.
I think your on a good path Clintard, it is going to take a little initiative, but it will be very rewarding. Being on the road can be really tough, but if you do a little research you will find it can be done. Accountability to yourself should be one of your goals and you have already taken the first step by deciding to do something. Maybe you can get a physical from your doctor so you know your vital statistics, one of your goals then would be how to improve some of the less desirable numbers you and your doctor come up with.
You can email me at bearbrian1959@yahooDOTcom daily if you like so we can compare notes, etc. I started the program at 283 lbs, I'm 6' tall and have a large frame. I would like to ideally get to about 220 lbs. I am also diabetic (adult onset) and have a desk job so we are sort of in the same boat.

i agree.. excel can do a lot of the stuff you ask. i have been lifting for basically 12 years myself (24 yrs old) and would be willing to help anyway i can man, just ask!

Back