Light it up!Cover by Ace

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Well I saw a company called "BusaKings" that did lighted clear clutch covers a few months ago...

I was not interested because I didnt want the lights to come lose inside my motor and go adrift.

But "Sean's clear cover exchange" offers lights as well so I figured I may as well try it so I dont end up with sub-par clear clutch. No need to feel lacking with my "product" because I skipped the lights!

So I did this! Basically using the Lexan as a giant fiber optic so theres nothing INSIDE the engine to come lose, and from the outside it blends right in.

Now I just need a breather and were ready to toss it back on.

So now you know what I did with a few minutes of my day off!

Attachments

• light it.jpg
    light it.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 89
looks good. We are going to do the lighted options in a few different ways. Both options so far will not let you see the actual bulbs. One will light the lense and bring out the highlights of the engraving and the other will be lighting on the inside which will light everything up.

Sean

Looks good... Only one question... Is that... Is that... Pa... pa... pa... pa... pink?

Hey Sean, My one rule to lighting is you can not see the bulb. The light should look like it's coming from the depths of hell or something... Good call.

Chris

In my current project we are using an illuminated wire to do the lighting and the wire will be hidden behind the stainless ring so all that should be seen will be the glow. In fact, my hope is that the only light that will be visible will be on the engraved object so that it appears to be floating in there.

Kind of like this:

Sean

Attachments

• Sample_Engraving.jpg
    Sample_Engraving.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 41
-Yeah,hiding it behind the ring is a good plan. I was curious how you were going to do it.

I just felt really uncomfortable putting somthing INSIDE the cover that could fall of ya know?Thats why I went this route.

-NO ITS NOT PINK.HAHAHA I took the picture with my phone so the color is a little iffy

-I took the picture with the cover in front of me,when its on the bike at shin level you cant see the bulbs because they cast light strait down

but by taking it from the bottom up its like looking up its preverbial skirt to see how it works.Probably shoulda snapped the picture from the top?

-So how do you do the engraving Sean??? I would assume you use some sort of machine and put in a design for it to trace, or are you doing it by hand?
I did mine with sand paper and a razor blade,not exactly technical but my equiptment is a little lacking.

I might have to have you guys do one up for me in the future when I get a little more cash in pocket,I really wanted to chrome mine but like I said,that cash thing keeps screwing everything up!HAHA

Very small CNC engraver. If you make a lens and ID the top and bottom center we can cut you about anything up to 6" in the cutting path.

Sean

Hmmm...I might be getting some ideas!

Yeah I kinda figured it was a CNC but didnt realize they could be made small enough and precise enough for this kind of material. Very cool.

Well I saw a company called "BusaKings" that did lighted clear clutch covers a few months ago...

I was not interested because I didnt want the lights to come lose inside my motor and go adrift.

But "Sean's clear cover exchange" offers lights as well so I figured I may as well try it so I dont end up with sub-par clear clutch. No need to feel lacking with my "product" because I skipped the lights!

So I did this! Basically using the Lexan as a giant fiber optic so theres nothing INSIDE the engine to come lose, and from the outside it blends right in.

Now I just need a breather and were ready to toss it back on.

So now you know what I did with a few minutes of my day off!
you do these Sean?
how much?
thinking about blue (to match the bike of course....lol)

We have another thread on this with more info to come. Also, I will be offering colored chrome very soon too!

Sean

Here is a sneak peak preview pair of pics of my lighted stator cover. The initial idea was to machine a groove into the lexan to put the LED's into, but the thickness required was too thick. They are backlit which still looks sick!

Attachments

• clear cover lighted 1.jpg
    clear cover lighted 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 27
  • clear cover lighted 2.jpg
    clear cover lighted 2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 26
Jim, post those pics to the new thread. Also, get with me via email on what you want on the covers (hopefully will see them today).

Sean

Latest posts

Back