Lightening flywheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Has anyone lightened a flywheel on their bike and if so how much weight did you remove and how did the motor respond rpm wise?

I ve done this on bikes in the past and I know this motor has plenty of low end grunt and mid range power, so I am curious to how it reacted with a lightened flywheel?

My little honda 70 ( with a 120 cc 4 spd motor ) had alot of mods and the lightened flywheel was great at the track, but sucked riding the bike woods. My son ran some high or mid 16's @ 82-83 mph out of it. It reved fast and the cam I had used worked decently with it.

So I am curious if anyone has played around with lightened flywheels and if so the results they had? I know this isn't really a street mod most people would do.

Todd

They shave down the early model flywheels to match the late models. It does spin up a bit faster but you lose a bit of torque too.

I don't typically run them on my own bikes. They help revving quicker but less rotational mass so they don't maintain rpm's on the launch. In fact a heavier flywheel can help that!

Sean

Latest posts

Back