Lighting Issue...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright so I finally took my vmax out yesterday after owning it for a month and never really getting to ride it. I gotta say it was fun. :D

It would be more fun if the lights worked on it lol.

When I picked it up from my buddys place he said the headlight was out so I picked up a baulb on the way over to his place, we replaced it and it still wouldent work. Checked the fuse box again, still no problems. So we hooked up a new wire directly from the fuse box to the headlight which appears to be on highbeam permently (At least the bike says its on high).

Another problem I noticed after it got dark is my gauge lights did not work. about 5 minutes before I pulled up to my place they turned on So I was happy about that. The same thing happend on my way to work. 90% of the time the gauge lights where out, 10% of the time they worked.

Any ideas? Is this a common problem?

Thanks.

-Mike

Pull out a little on the start button. It's common for them to stick on just a little bit and keep the headlight from lighting.

Sean

Natrually I use the search *after* I make a thread.

Well right now we have the light wired on so once my buddy gets back we will take it off and see how it works. So far tests have been good as far as the tac goes.

Thanks.

I had a weird problem the other day, all my idiot lights, temp guage and rev counter stopped working. I traced it to the wires behind the airbox (under the small tank mounted dash) being pinched by the body of the airbox. I checked the cables, which appeared fine, taped up and re-routed them, and that solved the problem.

Sean is right about the starter though, and I'd defo check there first!

Back