Lights surging

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I went for a ride tonight and noticed my lights surging, they'd get REAL bright for a couple seconds then return to normal or not sure if their dimmer then brighten to normal but it seems to be getting brighter than what they should be. But after thinking about it I was polishing underneath the bike today( just like every other day) when I noticed the r/r wire that grounds to the block looked a little frayed so when we stopped I kinda twisted the wire and kinda got a better connection and the surge was all but gone. My question is, I have a brand new r/r, should I just put it on and it has a ground plug that I wouldn't have to run a separate wire to ground it I even found a empty receptor that the black plug fits in so I assume the receptor is a ground, correct? Or should I just run a new separate ground wire for my existing r/r ? Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Ed :ummm: ps. The wire with the empty receptor is a black wire.

ok, guess either nobody ever had this issue or nobody wants to try to help. thanks anyway

Did you verify that wire is ground? Should be since black. I would fix the existing wiring. Next time, pick a number and we'll try to respond immediately. :)

I would take the engine ground completely loose and clean that connection up. Then there is a small ground wire that bolts up to the faux cover latch, check that one also. Another ground wire to the frame would be a good idea, I have one on mine.

I would take the engine ground completely loose and clean that connection up. Then there is a small ground wire that bolts up to the faux cover latch, check that one also. Another ground wire to the frame would be a good idea, I have one on mine.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I don't recall seeing a ground to the latch but I'll look. I guess you can't really have too many grounds.

Pic of ground at fuax latch........One more place to check is inside the headlight bucket, I think there is a place where the socket/holder of the bulb has plug in wires that I would check.

Attachments

• grounds 002.jpg
    grounds 002.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 16
My bad, I have seen that but forgot about it. I'll run a new wire and solder the connection then see. Good idea to check inside my headlight as well. Thanks again for the input. Ed

Latest posts

Back