Limited time major discount offer!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICOR SHOCKS

Reaction score
50% off offer for VMaxforum.net members

This is a limited time offer. It will end under a couple of conditions, a dealer/distributer purchases for sale, we run low on inventory, or we get to a certain number of sales.

At this price we are not making any money so in exchange we are asking that anyone that takes advantage of this limited time offer writes an honest review of what they think of the bike after the install of our INTIMINATORS.

The discount is NOT on the oil. Sorry but there is almost no margin selling that stuff. We only sell it for your convenience. If you are careful you can get away with 1 quart 2 is safe.

FAQ?s

Do I need to also change springs?

For 90% of the population I would say no. Try it with our system first if you still think you need it then do it.

I have already changed my springs will it still work?

Yes. We have had people change back to stock springs after but also many stay with what they currently have.

Do I need to drill my damper rods?

No. We use a lighter oil so the damper rod hole size becomes less of an issue.

I?ve already drilled my damper rod for a different product, is that ok?

Yes. The INTIMINATOR controls the dampening, NOT the damper rod.

Is installation difficult?

No, it?s as easy as changing springs. Drain your oil, pull the springs, fill oil, drop in the INTIMINATOR and replace the spring. Some people also cut the spring spacer the same length as the INTIMINATOR takes up to keep the same sag.

How does your product differ from other products on the market?

There are other products on the market that are similar in that they also meter the oil at the top of the damper rod. Other products on the market use a small bleed then a coil spring blow off. Their system is adjustable by either changing the spring or the spring preload on the blow off valve. Our system has no bleeds and uses shims for the low speed compression, the same shims you find in most high end cartridge systems. Where the magic happens is with the inertia valve. Our system is the only system on the market that can tell if the tire is trying to move or the chassis is trying to move. So we can valve for an optimum wheel response independent of the chassis response and also at the same time valve for the optimum chassis response independent of the wheel response.

How do I get the discount?

Enter ?vmax? in the coupon code.

www.ricorshocks.com

You can find reviews of other bikes by googleing "ricor", "ricor ride report" , "INTIMINATOR" or "INTIMINATORS"

I am very interested in this concept. I currently have the racetech valve emulators with progressive springs and the 440 progressives with the IAS system in them.

I'm thinking that the Ricor set up in the front forks work would better with the 440's (IAS front and back) and I went through the check out but stopped when I seen shipping via UPS to Canada was $87.00 USD (ouch)

Sent Ricor a pm to see if there's a cheaper way to ship them.

Hopefully we can work something out, would love to try them to see if they work better than the Racetech set up.

Mike

Thanks for the discount!

Fargo, hurry up and get your early model there!

I am very interested in this concept. I currently have the racetech valve emulators with progressive springs and the 440 progressives with the IAS system in them.

I'm thinking that the Ricor set up in the front forks work would better with the 440's (IAS front and back) and I went through the check out but stopped when I seen shipping via UPS to Canada was $87.00 USD (ouch)

Sent Ricor a pm to see if there's a cheaper way to ship them.

Hopefully we can work something out, would love to try them to see if they work better than the Racetech set up.

Mike
Mike, I could always deliver to ya. Good reason for a road trip, just let me know.

Wow Brian, thanks for this great deal! I'm in the same boat as Razor with USD forks. I still have my old ones though...:hmmm:
Is there any way to use USPS for Canadian forum members? This is more economical for us in the Great White North as we don't get dinged with "brokerage" charges.

I had a look as well and it allows shipping options when checking out. I was able to select USPS for $25.00 or so.

G Man

Well fellows, I just tried the checkout again and it only has only option for shipping - UPS - I sent Ricor a PM last night to see what other options we can come up with - I'm sure we can work something out.

If all else fails, will be seeing Brian either here in Sudbury's or there in Michigan or somewhere in between. They have been good enough to come to our forum and set themselves up as a vendor and offer a pretty good deal to us too.

Want to give this product a good comparison to the racetech that I have been using.

Mike

Well fellows, I just tried the checkout again and it only has only option for shipping - UPS - I sent Ricor a PM last night to see what other options we can come up with - I'm sure we can work something out.

If all else fails, will be seeing Brian either here in Sudbury's or there in Michigan or somewhere in between. They have been good enough to come to our forum and set themselves up as a vendor and offer a pretty good deal to us too.

Want to give this product a good comparison to the racetech that I have been using.

Mike

You should be able to choose USPS and it should be around $25.

There is a bug on the site that sometimes throws out bogus numbers for international shipping.

We will fix that prior to charging your card.

You should be able to choose USPS and it should be around $25.

There is a bug on the site that sometimes throws out bogus numbers for international shipping.

We will fix that prior to charging your card.

Done - will order them now - thanks for the quick reply.

Mike

Last edited:
I currently have Racetech Emulators and Hyperpro springs. Will the Ricor setup work if I already drilled the damping rods as Racetech instructed, or do they require an 'original' damper rod setup? I did not drill or mess with the rebound section of the rods. I only drilled the compression holes as specified by Racetech.

Vinnie

If you pull your forks off and send them to me I'll have that model covered.

The first person to do it will get a free set.

Brian

Damn! I would so have done this if I'd know in time :confused2::damn angry:

I'm leaving tomorrow for Europe for 7 weeks, but I'm 90 miles away from my bike and no time to go back pull the forks off and ship them :bang head::bang head::bang head:

I currently have Racetech Emulators and Hyperpro springs. Will the Ricor setup work if I already drilled the damping rods as Racetech instructed, or do they require an 'original' damper rod setup? I did not drill or mess with the rebound section of the rods. I only drilled the compression holes as specified by Racetech.

Vinnie

Your drilled out damper rods will work fine. The idea is to eliminate the dampening characteristics created by the holes by enlarging them. We accomplish the same thing with the lighter weight oil.

Thanks,

Brian

I've been reading up on the Ricor shocks on one of the Kawasaki KLR boards. The people who have bought there are putting up good reviews. But when I looked at the Ricor website, I saw the V-Max is also on the list and I need to fix my V-Max first. (Sorry to say my KLR, running knobby tires on pavement, still handles the curves better than my stock V-Max!) This introductory offer will seal the deal for me.

If I were to combine the Ricor mod with Progressive 440s shocks on the rear, would I want to put prgressively wound springs in the forks as well? Or will the stock straight wound work okay?

I've been reading up on the Ricor shocks on one of the Kawasaki KLR boards. The people who have bought there are putting up good reviews. But when I looked at the Ricor website, I saw the V-Max is also on the list and I need to fix my V-Max first. (Sorry to say my KLR, running knobby tires on pavement, still handles the curves better than my stock V-Max!) This introductory offer will seal the deal for me.

If I were to combine the Ricor mod with Progressive 440s shocks on the rear, would I want to put prgressively wound springs in the forks as well? Or will the stock straight wound work okay?

I would try it with your stock springs first.

Latest posts

Back