Line 'em up!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN_Max

Reaction score
Meant to post this back at the end of summer, this was around mid-August...I'm slow!

Pretty cool to line up with the only other GEN2 known in our area, that's me and Turbo Ghost! We had a ball that night!

2022-09-27_20-50-58.jpg

That was my first time through a tree...have pity...my best out of 5 runs was 10.726 @ 120.18. :)

Nash Flash, DD clutch mod, airbox mod w/lid removed & K&N, no cat, Delkevic 4into2.

That was my first time through a tree...have pity...my best out of 5 runs was 10.726 @ 120.18. :)

Nash Flash, DD clutch mod, airbox mod w/lid removed & K&N, no cat, Delkevic 4into2.
Good runs, takes time to get use to the tree, track what RPM to leave at. I had basically the same mods MAB w/K&N, DD, Akrapovic mid pipe with stock cans and Nash Flash. No quick shifter or straps. After about the fifth time at the track I dipped in the nines, running a 9.98 @ 135. I only weigh about 165 with gear on. Keep on and you will bring those times down. Concentrate mostly launching the bike and the better 60' the better your ET.

Attachments

• TRP - Vmax (3)1.jpg
    TRP - Vmax (3)1.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211120-154701_TulsaRP.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-154701_TulsaRP.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 0
I'll keep trying, absolutely! Reaction time on that run was .110 and the 60' was 1.771. I didn't heat the tire before launch on any of the runs, I'll see if that helps me the next time we go. I was launching around 4,500 if I remember correctly. I've dropped 10 pounds since those runs...that's gotta help! 😂

This was my second time at the track with this bike. My last time I was getting mid 10s and I was really hoping to break into the 9s. However, I couldn't buy a hook-up! I had no problems with traction the last time and could not figure it out until I headed home. After I hit my first bump on the highway I realized my problem. I had been playing around with my rear suspension and had it cranked all the way firm! TN-Max destroyed me all night long! Our last run was the best though! He ran a 10.744 at 123.17 and I ran a 10.889 at 126.13. His 60' was 1.823 and mine was 1.862. I love a close race! Next year we'll see what happens.
As for mods, I'm not really sure overall. I personally have done nothing to it. I know it has the guru flash and a vance and hines csone full system. No apparent airbox mods. I'm 6'2", 230lbs. She's a big girl but, she can dance!

Cool, I dropped to about 20 psi in the rear. Leaving about 4500 also. Notice my 60' was 1.62 that's what put me under 10.0. I was heating the tire but not extremely. Just be careful when heating the tire and leaving over 4k cuz it'll carry the front for a while. At least it did with me.

This was my second time at the track with this bike. My last time I was getting mid 10s and I was really hoping to break into the 9s. However, I couldn't buy a hook-up! I had no problems with traction the last time and could not figure it out until I headed home. After I hit my first bump on the highway I realized my problem. I had been playing around with my rear suspension and had it cranked all the way firm! TN-Max destroyed me all night long! Our last run was the best though! He ran a 10.744 at 123.17 and I ran a 10.889 at 126.13. His 60' was 1.823 and mine was 1.862. I love a close race! Next year we'll see what happens.
As for mods, I'm not really sure overall. I personally have done nothing to it. I know it has the guru flash and a vance and hines csone full system. No apparent airbox mods. I'm 6'2", 230lbs. She's a big girl but, she can dance!
I had actually just tightened my suspension all the way the day I ran the nine. Don't know if that helped but at my weight with the rear suspension tight it would not absorb at the launch. I would think it would shoot you out quicker???

Back