little fat at wot lean at cruise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
I need some help with tis guys i am running stg 7 with 165 mj and kerker 4-2-1 with modified baffle and running it on the dyno. at wot dips to 9 at around 4500 and then clears up to 11 at 6000 but when crusing she runs way lean. has the 190 air jet and needle is shimmed all of the way down should i put in the stock mikuni jet and raise the needle to help with the crusing problem and fat problem at wot any help will do

The cruising leanness is your idle circuit so you need to richen that up. What are you mixture screws set to? If they're out say past 3 turns I would take the DJ 190's out of PAJ2 and put the stock Mikuni 170's in there.

I'm curious as to why you're running so rich in the needle area even with the needles as lean as they can be? Try putting your stock slide springs back in and make sure you needle spacer nipples are locked into the slide hole.

at first i was trying to help the fatness that is was at wot just to try it but it did not help so much. just making the baffle flow a little more free help the best with it being fat. tanks for the idle circuit though take out the 190 for sure

this is what i am dealing with also what should i be running at idle a/f wise and for best power what is the best a/f ratio over the whole rpm range?

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
  • af graph.jpg
    af graph.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 20
Your running a pretty close setup as I am. I dont know your sea level but I am at around 600 FT above. Here is my deal....

Kerker 4-2-1 Lrg open free flowing 2.5 baffle wrapped in Amorpis silicone wrap.

Mains= DJ165's
PAJ's All Stock
DynoJet Stg 1 Needles Center Notch.
Air Correctors.
Indv Filters
Stock Springs with 3 coils tied.

I am running strong as a raped aped from idle up to 9500. MPG avg. 28 but I ride like I stole it 85% of the time.

No dyno pulls yet. but I am able to run 101MPH in the 1/8 mile so I am guessing I am making around 124-126 RWHP

Ok tried something a little different. first off i made my own carb stacks out of the old stock ones 3'' and then i pulled the air jet 190 out and installed the stock main jet 152.5 just to see what would happen and redid the mixture screws and lifted the needle two notches the the middle notch and with this set up i know that the lowend of the torque band was helped out a lot or the front end got really light and she pulls fine so far to 9k but hopefully another dyno run will tell and to see if the crusing leaness was helped at all. how about that weather also and what month is this again?

Back