Little post accident update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well I have been very busy with trying to keep business going and make some decisions I ve been wanting to make, but now all of a sudden forced myself into making them.

I wont bore people with details on some of them. But I ve made some rather large financial decisions and I am very glad I did them.

My short story on health. I am in pain daily. Nothing new, I am used to that. Been that way for a good portion of my life. Good thing of it... its new pain, so I ve forgotten about some of the old pains. Not sure if that's really good or not. But it is what it is.

I have another surgery scheduled for Mid December. This one will put me out for at least 8-10 weeks in a full arm/body type cast on my right side.

Something along the lines of this.

Sports_PaulWalshCast.gif

Then it will be 8-10 weeks of rehab, possibly longer or shorter depending on how well I recover.

All my other injuries are slowly healing. I can almost sleep a few hours without waking up now from being in pain. Its hard to do things without forgetting, oh yeah don't pick that up....

A 2 liter bottle is hard for me to pick up with my right arm. A stupid pizza box I have to carry with two arms, because I lost 70% motion in my left thumb and about 90% of its strength and I can't carry it with my right arm. The strength and motion are slowly coming back. I can at least move it, so that's a start.

My memory is slowly getting better as well too. Kinda glad about that one. I was a little nervous about it in the beginning. I was having a hard time remembering things people would tell me from the morning till the evening. But that's getting better. Now its things someone told me a week ago and after I think hard, if they give me clues, sometimes it comes back.

I can sneeze and cough without falling to my knees. Thats another big one. For awhile there allergies were starting to kick in and it was hell to sneeze. I would almost fall to the ground my lungs and chest hurt LOL. It was quite a scene in public...:clapping:

Thats about it really. Just struggling along with insurance companies. I have two insurance setups and a third accidental plan. So lots of time on the phone.

I looked at a few bikes on craigslist, but going to hold off for now. Part of my big decisions was to move now or wait another couple years to move southwest. Really looking at Texas. I think if things go as planned, hopefully a year after my recvoery I ll be gone from Michigan. Maybe sooner, but I doubt it. So I ve had to reflect that decision into some purchases and pay offs. I am just hoping I made the right decisions.

To everyone that pops in and checks on me, I appreciate it.

I also greatly appreciate Vmax-Mike and the thoughtfulness he and his wife both have given me during this time.

Thanks
Todd

Glad you're healing (slow but steady). I'm sure that whatever decisions you make will work out.

Glad you're getting better.

Check out Neurotalk.com It's a great forum for brain injury. I got a lot of info there.

Continued best of luck in your healing process, Todd.

Wishing you a continued & complete recovery.

Mike

Glad to hear you are getting better.
It's a long road but just keep working and you'll get better and better in time.

Good to hear your doing better, considering the circumstances. I know one thing for sure follow the restrictions they give you or it will be a longer recovery. Take care ooh don't forget you owe me a $100.00. :biglaugh:

I've been seeing some of the recovery posts on Facebook every now and then and glad to see you're coming along nicely.

I still think you may really want to think hard about the motorcycle lifestyle. I really am not sure if it's for you. Over the few years you've been on here you've had a number of incidents that have gotten progressively more serious. A guys luck only lasts so long. If you can find another hobby to fulfill that desire for speed or thrill that may be for the best. Shoot, even a drag race only bike might be the way to go. Most tracks are far safer then all the street riding added together.

I'm not your mamma but just a bit concerned and saying things you may not want to hear.

Sean I understand the reality of riding, its actually a gruesome one we all face. I ve been riding for close to 25 years and have logged well over 200,000 miles on bikes over that period. I know I am very vocal about my riding and the stupid stuff I see. I ride a lot. This year even with the wrecks, I still got in almost 15,000 miles of riding in a few short Michigan months. To some, that's not a lot of mileage, to the majority that's probably more mileage then most put on in a couple years. So needless to say my odds increase with the more mileage I put on. Its a risk we all take. I can say full gear is the only way to go. Full good gear.

I ve gone pretty fast on street only bikes for the last few years and I don't think a track only bike would be that much fun. I ll be heading into more touring oriented bikes next. As much as I loved my 14, I was looking at Goldwings while I was riding it. So now I ll be looking at them more in the future.

It wont happen next year, I ll still be recovering. But I ll eventually be back on a bike with my feet up just cruising.

I have a long road ahead of me, so I wont rush anything. But looking at a fun car to drive for next summer.

Thanks everyone
Todd

Latest posts

Back