Live online tech sessions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
What is your opinion to bring online, at a specific date/time, a technical person by using the VMOA's interactive chat? Everyone can come into our www.vmoa.net sites Technical chat room and interact with a special guest in real time for the event?

We need to know your thoughts and would you participate if we held this FREE Technical Chat Session on our website?

Looking to hear back from everyone....

picture.php

It's a great idea but it'd be hard to pick a time where a lot of people could participate just because of conflicting work schedules but I'd be interested.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

I know we cant accommodate everyone, but we can host late enough around 8 or 9pm EST which should be late enough for most.

It's a great idea but it'd be hard to pick a time where a lot of people could participate just because of conflicting work schedules but I'd be interested.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

Maybe have an appointment system on occasion. Not the norm, but for special situations.

This would be great but puts a tremendous burden on those trying to coordinate all the angles. Definitely worth a try.

HI need some assistance,

I got swiped of my last bike in August 13 and I am still in recovery, with my insurance I have happily purchased a 1998 V-Max in need of some slight TLC, my major issue at this moment is that I need to redo my seals on the forks (not an issue) but on inspecting my fork and Haynes manual my model V-max has a brass valve with o ring on top of the fork for putting PSI in when forks are done this ties into my Manual, now here's my dilemma my left fork does not have the Valve and has had a Bolt put in bodge job???? which means I cannot put the air pressure in as required, I have looked and asked Yamaha dealers here in UK for a replacement and they have stated that they do not have a clue as to what I am talking about, can any one help me track this part down for when I do my strip down, a part no would be good or if there's a substitute

Attachments

• 1374888_1426149574270297_426493386_n.jpg
    1374888_1426149574270297_426493386_n.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20131101_182311.jpg
    IMG_20131101_182311.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19
I bet they broke the valve step off and just put a bolt in it instead of replacing. Most likely you have aftermarket springs since most will replace them with aftermarket fork springs for better performance. Only way to tell is to open them up and inspect.

HI need some assistance,

I got swiped of my last bike in August 13 and I am still in recovery, with my insurance I have happily purchased a 1998 V-Max in need of some slight TLC, my major issue at this moment is that I need to redo my seals on the forks (not an issue) but on inspecting my fork and Haynes manual my model V-max has a brass valve with o ring on top of the fork for putting PSI in when forks are done this ties into my Manual, now here's my dilemma my left fork does not have the Valve and has had a Bolt put in bodge job???? which means I cannot put the air pressure in as required, I have looked and asked Yamaha dealers here in UK for a replacement and they have stated that they do not have a clue as to what I am talking about, can any one help me track this part down for when I do my strip down, a part no would be good or if there's a substitute

Yea, just buy the adjustable caps we sell and shit can the air OEM caps anyway!

You can just leave them alone and use aftermarket springs too. Saves money since when we upgrade our fork springs, we dont change the caps out. Dont get me wrong, adjustable caps are nice since you have potential to adjust your SAG.

Yea, just buy the adjustable caps we sell and shit can the air OEM caps anyway!

Latest posts

Back