load equalizers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
OK, I pulled off the halogen lampp minblinkers I had on the bike and replaced them with LED blinkers. I already had leds in the front.

I am now in need of a load equalizer.

Does anyone know the actual OHM value of a load equalizer?

I don't plan on buying one I just wanna go to Radio shack and get the right resistor.

It's been a while since I've worked with electronics, but I believe you need to know the original load of the lights compared to the new load of the lights. This should be the resistive load you need to have it blink at the right speed. Or see if you can find a variable resister where you can adjust the load.

10 ohm 10 watts across each side did the trick, works perfect.
The higher the resistance the faster the blink rate. Stock resistance with two bulbs in parralell was about 3 ohms (this was calculated from the amp draw as I figured out the measured Ohms of the incandescent don't give you the true resistance since the filament increase resistance with heat) . I actually like the faster blink rate as it's a little more"frantic" and attention grabbing; plus I did not have much choice as the next smallest ones they had were 1 ohm which would have made it way too slow (I think)

Technically the wattage may be a slightly low for the application but considering the length of time they are on I don't think it's too much of an issue.

I tried to find the "OHMMITE" metal encased power resistors in the 50 watt range but Radio Shack doesn't carry them. The ones I used are wire wound ceramic encased.

Last edited:
wfcall ill defintely use this as a future reference point and may ask you for advice if i need help. Im planning on converting my mini blinkers to led in the near future

Back