Lone Cub. Yes, the Lone Cub.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warp12

Reaction score
Found on Ebay.

this is lone cub a customized 2001 vmax. (16,000 mi) if you are looking for the perfect vmax, lone cub is the one you want to buy. Lone cub lives on the outskirts of chicago (a loner’s nightmare) and is in the city as much as out. The riding season is short here and biker clubs/gangs can be found at every turn. Some arrogant, some aggressive, some criminal, some violent and some all of the above. Last year lone cub accidentally crossed the formation of a biker gang on the expressway. There was a straggler some thirty feet back bringing up the rear that wasn’t noticed as cub crossed lanes behind them in order to pass. This of course is seen as an act of disrespect and it’s hard to apologize while cruising at sixty-five. One of them pulled next to cub and screamed, "pull over". As cub has a problem with authority figures he decided instead to snap down into forth gear and apply full throttle. All of the gang members were riding various size cruisers and three gave chase. A few seconds later we entered triple digits and i could feel the wind pulling violently on my left arm. I glanced down and noticed the snap unbuttoned on the left cuff of my armor platted jacket, a potentially fatal mistake at this speed. I backed off the throttle in time to see the speedo descending pass 130mph and held it there for another thirty seconds. The cruisers began fading away in lone cubs rearview mirrors like christmas tree lights going out one at a time.
an experienced rider on lone cub can expect zero to sixty in 3.x seconds and the quarter mile in 10.8 seconds at 124 mph. Top speed approximately 147mph. In case you’re not keeping up, the quarter mile time is faster than a stock corvette. At the same time cub is as easy to ride around town as grandma pushing a baby buggy. So why buy the cub over other used vmax’s? Cub has a custom paint job deep purple with an aftermarket front fender that has a slight flare covering the fork. He has chrome wheels, new michelin front tire and the rear tire has 80% of the tread remaining. It has new rotors, new wheel bearings and new ceramic break pads front and back. Rotors are stainless steel and the front rotors have gold center inlays. Cub has chrome engine guards, a windscreen that detaches with four bolts, a stainless steel back rest, the after market design by ufo ( not that ugly square sticking up on the back of some vmaxs) cub has an led clear back light (clear until power is on and then twice the visibility of the stock tail light. Press the brake pedal and a dozen red led’s surrounding the rear license plate illuminates, and an hid high intensity head light. Cub has an aftermarket heat sensor that engages the fan 10 degrees sooner than the stock sensor. The engine won’t over heat in 90 degree temperature at high throttle all day and an after market electrical system adjustment that charges at a higher voltage than stock. Cub also has a belly pan under the engine to complement the appearance of the front fender in addition to custom handgrips. Imported from italy cub has a special sensor that reads the speed of the rear tire, analyzes the engine revs, and displays what gear the bike is in. It displays a number one thru five in the window under the speedometer. The display is lighted for night riding and in addition turns bright green at six thousand rpms and red at 9000 rpms approaching redline. Now let’s talk about performance: Cub is fitted with frame stabilizers that to the untrained eye will appear as a stock part of the frame. In truth they are after market stabilizers that prevent the frame from flexing under hard acceleration or high speed. Cub has a super brace on the front fork for added stability during cornering. It has a super
trapp exhaust system that adds three to five horse power and allows you to adjust the engine exhaust note, (louder or more quite) as you prefer. This set up also allows cub to get three to four miles per gallon more than the stock vmax using 92 octane.
as if this wasn’t enough, there is another reason to buy lone cub over other vmaxs.
lone cub has never been dropped, never been down and doesn’t have a single scratch, but that doesn’t change the fact that vmaxs are one the most crashed bikes on the planet. In additional to the occasional clown with to much power all vmaxs built between 1985 and 2007 have a potentially fatal problem. The steering head bearing becomes loose or worn and results in sudden and sometimes violent uncontrollable front wheel wobble. If it happens at high speed, well, use your imagination. Lone cub has a new steering head bearing installed and adjusted for firm control at high speed. Both wheels were balanced and the bike was road tested full throttle 0 to 80 mph by the local dealer. The results were perfect and stable throughout. Lone cub is being sold "as is" but should require nothing but a rider and general maintenance for the next two years. All four carbs were synchronized and adjusted summer 2012. It has more than $3500 in updates and improvements. I will assist with shipping, but shipping cost rests with the buyer. Lone cub has had care and management more like a toddler than a machine. Every inch of this bike is ready to perform. If you want the best custom vmax available, this is the one you want. No reserve
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-v-max-beautiful-2001-yamaha-vmax-/130911505674?pt=us_motorcycles&hash=item1e7aef0d0a&vxp=mtr"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-v-max-beautiful-2001-yamaha-vmax-/130911505674?pt=us_motorcycles&hash=item1e7aef0d0a&vxp=mtr[/URL]

'Cub, for short.

It's Chicago, things cost more there, for some reason.

A clean bike, lots of good mods. I don't think he's gonna get that out of it, but who knows? I did find the biker story entertaining. I had something similar happen years-ago. I was coming back from Ft. Lauderdale Beach w/a girlfriend & "made the mistake" of passing a string of H-D's w/a bunch of tough-looking bikers wearing colors on I-95. When I came-up behind them, I decided to pass the lot in one-fell-swoop. As I passed them, one of the guys at the front decided he wanted to give chase, but by that time we were beyond them, and I didn't back-off, but in my rear-view mirrors, I saw the guy gamely hanging-in there, trying to make-up ground. It never happened. I didn't cut-through them like this guy claimed to have-done. I just passed the lot, and kept-on going. When we got to the exit, they were nowhere near, and the guy who took-off after me hadn't bothered to try to keep-up when he saw he wasn't gonna make any ground on me. Must-have been some pissed-off outlaws that ride. I was on my 3 year-old 750F, which I always considered one of the prettiest designs. One of my friends has a CB1100F w/4K miles on it, he bought it new and it's all-stock w/the exception of the exhaust. Really-pretty, too. http://www.classicmechanics.com/articles/2012-02/honda-cb1100f#.UaHNEnLD-70
hondasharp.jpg

true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

Well, don't know if the first part is true or not lol, but it was interesting.
Interesting was to increase the desirability of a bike, to tell potential buyers that the Max is one of the most crashed bikes. It may or may not be true, but somehow, I think that would steer away potential buyers...

Interesting was to increase the desirability of a bike, to tell potential buyers that the Max is one of the most crashed bikes. It may or may not be true, but somehow, I think that would steer away potential buyers...

We're talking about "Lone Cub" here, no stability worries!! :punk:

This is probably the only time ever I've seen someone refer to a bike (or a boat, or any machine really) as a "he". What a bizarre listing.

It's a good looking bike but once again the buyer is delusional about the value of mods. See, he thinks that a $3300 stock bike + $3500 invested in mods = a bike that will sell for $6800. No, it just doesn't work that way.

The story about ditching a biker gang was pretty funny though. Rather than calling the Vmax the "most crashed" bike, I think "most chased" is probably more suitable.

Back