Long shot ,,,,,,,,,,But ya never know.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot ,but with the vast interests of the membership here I'm hoping.
I'm in search of a set of 14 or 15 inch 4 on 4 inch bolt pattern wheels.
As many of you know I've been building a SBC Vega.
It's pretty much together just some fine tuning to do.
My current problem is the wheel tire combination, as much as I wanted to keep the factory Cosworth wheels it's just not practical with a 450hp stroker motor. It has 373 posi in it and that's fine, but with the 13 inch tires I'm turning 2500 rpm at 40-45, I need taller tires!
So if anyone has or knows someone who has I'd be interested.
Thanks .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 56
I don't have any 14" or 15" wheels for you But I will definitely keep my eyes open and if I see any available I'll certainly let you know.

Nothing taller available for the 13" wheel? Doesn't look like there is a lot more room either?

Another option would be to go with an overdrive trans like a 700R4 or a bolt on overdrive unit with your existing trans, not cheap but you would keep the stock look..........................Tom.

Another option would be to go with an overdrive trans like a 700R4 or a bolt on overdrive unit with your existing trans, not cheap but you would keep the stock look..........................Tom.

Not enough room in the tunnel and I don't want to cut anything:bang head:

Nothing taller available for the 13" wheel? Doesn't look like there is a lot more room either?

Not tall enough , plenty of room for taller tires, most guys swap the rear to S10 and use 5 lug wheels but I don't want to cut or modify the car any more then ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Right now if someone wanted to and had a CV motor it could be returned to stock.

I think they were referring to Mark Williams Axles, and having a set of 5 on 5 made up for your rear end.....................................Tom.

I think they were referring to Mark Williams Axles, and having a set of 5 on 5 made up for your rear end.....................................Tom.

OHhhhh,
I don't want five lug if I did I'd just put S10 axles in it or an S10 rear end , I want to keep it (so if need or desire be) it could be returned to a cosworth.

Cute lil v8 and it's a cosworth to boot! Have you given any thought on changing rear gears?Mabye to like a 323 ratio?Not sure how long that lil rear will hold together behind a healthy small block.Years ago i had a friend that had a v-8 vega he over gouged it and the windshield cracked!The more he got on it the worse the car got,Doors drooping chassis problems.Not sure if you can even get a new ring and pinion for that rear,Call jeg's or summit.Looks like a nice ride,Best of luck!

poppop has a good point. Small car's don't hold up without help. Even the 1974 through 1978 Mustang needed help above 350hp. I had a Suzuki x90 2 door 4x4 car that i did a nice lift kit on and i put 32 inch tall tire's on it and it was a cool ride but after 3 trip's of off road fun the doors hing's bent from the car flexing to much and the latch post did not line up anymore so i new i was going to trash a nice lookin car so i got the door's in line the best i could and sold it for the money i had in it.

http://vmaxforum.net/picture.php?albumid=723&pictureid=5523

OHhhhh,
I don't want five lug if I did I'd just put S10 axles in it or an S10 rear end , I want to keep it (so if need or desire be) it could be returned to a cosworth.

Yes i was referring to mark williams' axles-there is no 4 bolt that will hold a small block with the horsepower you want to transfer.
You can put in an order for what you wish.
http://www.markwilliams.com/axleOrdering.aspx

He will need a roll cage ,Sub frame connectors,And all kinds of other stuff.But he is not wanting any of it .He just wanted taller tires to slow down the engine rpm's.If he could find taller tires and be really easy with it.It may hang together.Not commented on this in a while,Believe he;s thinking.Wanting not to change much.

He will need a roll cage ,Sub frame connectors,And all kinds of other stuff.But he is not wanting any of it .He just wanted taller tires to slow down the engine rpm's.If he could find taller tires and be really easy with it.It may hang together.Not commented on this in a while,Believe he;s thinking.Wanting not to change much.

It's a street car , I won't be drag racing it , just playing , kinda like I do with my Vmax!
And you are correct, I want to keep it appearing as stock as possible, but the tiny tires just don't cut it with 400+ HP.
My plan is for the tires to be the week spot , I'd rather replace tires then twist the body, it's pretty nice.if it would of had a motor and tranny in it I'd have left it alone but since it didn't what else would I do with it?:ummm:

Latest posts

Back