Longest lasting rear tire for gen 2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha... None! It varies on how long you make a tank of fuel last. It's all how YOU ride. They may last 1500 ripping up the streets, or highway cruises or daily commuter may last 5000.

Sorry I could'nt resist, my story is how about "short" the tire might last. My buddy and I ordered a Gen 2 as soon as they were announced. He lived in Anchorage and I live in Minneapolis so I had custody and he rode it a few times a year when he visited his parents. Shortly after we picked it up, we took it behind the warehouse where I worked and we got the rear to last about 5 or 6 X 50 ft. Then we nursed it home and bought a new tire. There wasn't much room so we were really riding the front brake. The next day when I reported to work the IT guys busted us for doing that, they had recently installed security cameras all over that I didn't know about. The tire is hanging in my shop ! If you tried really hard you might get the 300 ft down to 20 but it's kind of hard to hold the beast back with just the front brake !

Got the Shinko 011's installed and they feel great! Haven't tested how they come off the line yet...but it's coming! :D

Back