Look what showed up at a shop I use

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 82621
The Corvette takes me back. My best friend when I was a kid was Robby Ingram. His dad James had a 72 Corvette Stingray that same color. We all piled into that thing to go see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when it first came out.

Robby was shot and killed at the age of 24 in 1993 as a Cobb County Police Officer.

This shop looks very familar to the Vette Shop in Richmond, VA. , on Hull Street , especially the Nomad in the corner. It was owned by Bert Baer , who I contracted to bring my '56 Vette back to life.

There have been articles on this upcoming demolition.

Something similar to this happened in Rochester NY, home of Eastman Kodak. They had over a million sq. ft. of unused, vacant industrial space, and tried for years to do something with their buildings. Subdivided into smaller leased industrial spaces, and other uses not industrial. In the end, they razed multiple buildings to make 'brownfield' sites suitable for re-development, but from the point of the company shareholders, much-less taxes to pay upon the properties, because they were now vacant land instead of empty developed (buildings present) parcels. Youtube has multiple videos of these buildings being razed.

84 Cherokee had GM 2.8 engine and steering column. Don't know about transmission
Steering column was made by Saginaw. Not really a company dedicated to one manufacturer or another. Yes, GM was their primary buyer, but Dodge(Mopar/Jeep) was as well. Back in the 80s, GM was farming engines out, selling engines and re-buying them back. It was a strange time for GM. The GM 3800 engine was one of these such engines GM did this to.

GM still farms out driveline parts. The 5 speed automatic GM used in some of their Colorado/Canyon vehicles were also used in some BMW vehicles.

Kraft relocated about 5 years ago and sold their mass property in Norcross , GA. with huge refrigerated spaces to a local beer, soft drink & wine distributor , who promptly sectioned off half of the massive building and leased the other half to a movie studio out of California. I sold them both new fence , gates and gate operators with access controls to control traffic , parking and visitors. Win , Win , Win for everybody.

Back