lookin for normal.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I have a bike night I attend every week and next week they are having a mobile DYNO,Im just wondering what the USUAL numbers are for bone stock.My Max has a little done but probably not enough to make a difference in numbers really, but one can only hope.Shes been through a lot in the last year since I bought it and I wanna see how well I have her runnin. So what can I hope for as a "usual" run...Im really hopin she does ok.Ive been spending a lot of time on it and I would hate to see it not perform as admirably as I hoped...Well see.:confused2:

I have a bike night I attend every week and next week they are having a mobile DYNO,Im just wondering what the USUAL numbers are for bone stock.My Max has a little done but probably not enough to make a difference in numbers really, but one can only hope.Shes been through a lot in the last year since I bought it and I wanna see how well I have her runnin. So what can I hope for as a "usual" run...Im really hopin she does ok.Ive been spending a lot of time on it and I would hate to see it not perform as admirably as I hoped...Well see.:confused2:

110 I think would be normal maybe as high as 120 if she has good compression.

I think her compression will be alright,shes a 1985 but she only has 30 thousand miles on her.Ill round down and look for around 110 so if I make any more I can be excited about it.

Describe "a little work done". Might help to get a good guess at the HP number.

Sean

Nothin serious(YET)
1)got a set of slip on mufflers,either OLD Hole Shots or OLD Jardines.We can pick at that topic for days...Ill post a picture just to stir things up(keep in mind they are tipped)
2)small rejetting done by hand by a small shop i deal with,no clue how much though but its not a lot.Think close to stock
3) full time vboost
4)tomorrow ill have my COP's done
Thats about it I guess.None of those make anymore horse power really but they make it feel a little bit more peppy.:confused2:Thats why I was looking for stock numbers.

Attachments

• IMGA0331.JPG
    IMGA0331.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
kind of looks like old Kerker's. They are different. Not my style but to each thier own.

Depending on what was done to the jetting they could have really killed it. I'm going to say 105-108 rwhp (maybe 110-112 if they got the jetting close). In this case the stock 85 mufflers might have actually made more power but not enough to worry about.

Most average stock Vmax's made 110-115 with some close to 120.

Sean

Thanks for the help.Now I have a ball park.Eventually when Im not BROKE Ill switch over to fuel injection and some nice cams...all in due time I suppose.

Back