• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking at an '07

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha-vmaxlow-miles-excellent/6403975028.html

This popped up not too long ago. My favorite color combo, last year of the gen1's, low miles, looks bone stock and unmolested (aside from some goofy led lights that would immediately be jettisoned).

What would y'all think something like that's worth? NOTHING is selling around here this time of year, my Scout and VFR have been up for well under book value for months without barely a nibble of interest, other people I know selling bikes report the same.

Book retail is $3,800, which honestly doesn't seem like a bad price if the owner is reasonable/realistic, although there seems to be a rash lately of Vmaxes listed for totally delusional prices around here.

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha-vmaxlow-miles-excellent/6403975028.html

This popped up not too long ago. My favorite color combo, last year of the gen1's, low miles, looks bone stock and unmolested (aside from some goofy led lights that would immediately be jettisoned).

What would y'all think something like that's worth? NOTHING is selling around here this time of year, my Scout and VFR have been up for well under book value for months without barely a nibble of interest, other people I know selling bikes report the same.

Book retail is $3,800, which honestly doesn't seem like a bad price if the owner is reasonable/realistic, although there seems to be a rash lately of Vmaxes listed for totally delusional prices around here.

There was an '07 on f/b for $2K which I thought was a joke or scam....then another one showed up for $2040....maybe they're both scams :confused2: but the Gen I (& Gen II for that matter) markets seem awfully soft right now.

The $2050/$2040 is a scam. Been posted in the area a few times as well. #s back check to a sketchy phone service directory. I'd say take the bike for a spin be serious. If he wants cash in hand for a test drive start at $2500 and see how it goes. I'm seeing some 97' and later bikes pop up regularly in the $2000-$2500 asking range in the ballpark of 15k miles. Under 10k examples guys are asking around $3500-$4000 and they don't seem to be selling.

My '97 with close to 50k miles sold for $3000 I think in 2012, and that took several months to get (I'd had lots of offers in the $2500 range but was in no hurry).

I think the market for used bikes in general is pretty soft right now. The MC industry as a whole is in a bit of a downturn. I've shopped my Scout around for trade-in value at dealers and have gotten some hilariously low offers, as in about half of book "trade in" value- not retail. My $11k Scout is now worth around $5k to dealers a year later. I have it on CL for $7500, great shape, lots of nice extras, (book retail is $8700) and have had pretty much just crickets chirping. I had one person who seemed semi serious, said $6k was all they had to spend, said that wasn't going to work, and I heard they ended up going to a Harley dealer and dropping $8k on a used sportster (because they could finance it).

Back