• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for 1999 sender unit and gasket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgomes123

Reaction score
Part numbers are
1FK-85752-02-00 SENDER
42X-85753-00-00 GASKET

561 713 8193 MARCELO

I may have these new on hand (I do normally keep the oring/gasket and as well as the bolts and gaskets for them which you should also replace). I may have good used parts as well. Email me at [email protected]

The fuel sender is potmetal, only use it in the presence of gasoline. If you're planning to coat your tank, I'd remove it and use a block-off plate, and then replace the fuel sender after the coating is done. Using some type of solvent to clean your tank, and leaving-in the fuel sender, may damage your sending unit. It could attack the potmetal, and dissolve the fuel level sender. That little gizmo is how your reserve gas switch function works.
VMax gas sender switch.01.jpg

The fuel sender is potmetal, only use it in the presence of gasoline. If you're planning to coat your tank, I'd remove it and use a block-off plate, and then replace the fuel sender after the coating is done. Using some type of solvent to clean your tank, and leaving-in the fuel sender, may damage your sending unit. It could attack the potmetal, and dissolve the fuel level sender. That little gizmo is how your reserve gas switch function works.
View attachment 72191
Thanks for the advice. Actually, I'm replacing the whole fuel system. Tank, sender, pump, lines, carburetors. My '99 stood in the garage for a few years, while I was recovering from the sciatic, and everything was corroded. I'm doing the same with the cooling system. It's costing me twice the price of the bike, but I love her. She waited for me for so long and deserves to come back to life.

Latest posts

Back