• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 4 brush starter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
Looking for a used or new 4 brush starter. Trying to trouble shot this hot start problem .

Replied to the other one before seeing this... I got one from eBay unused if you're interested

Gents. I'm looking to fix hot start issue too. Anyone got a 4 brush starter for sale? Any idea why the starter fails when the engine gets hot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My best guess is that your battery cannot handle the fan and starter all together. If the bike starts stuttering and shuts down when hot is a good symptom of that. The charging system is faulty and thus the voltage drops mainly due the headlight and fan kicking in when hot. when the TCI gets around 11.5v or less it starts acting up and messing up the ignition and the bike stalls. Then the starter just gets lazy because the voltage is already low and is being drained by the fan. The headlight is not a player anymore because it shuts down the moment you hit the starter switch. That is very normal unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd trouble shoot the charging system and verify the battery is up to snuff before changing the starter. Lots of threads on here about it. The 4 brush starter is a decent upgrade if everything else is working well.The early regulators were not very reliable.

worth checking that the cut out on the headlight when starting is still working. Mine wasn't and that didnt help the hot starting

Latest posts

Back