• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking For a Gen2 Low Profile Back Rest in Silver w/ Red Stitch Part# 2S3-F84U0-V0-00

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgamber0

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking For a Gen2 Low Profile Backrest in Silver w/ Red Stitch Part# 2S3-F84U0-V0-00

It looks like Yamaha don't make the silver one anymore.

Must be in mint condition.

I am located in Painesville, OH. 44077

Contact me with what you have.

Call 440-357-9393 or message

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• Back rest.jpg
    Back rest.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I would guess you could pretty easily strip the black and polish the hell out of the AL and it would look better then the factory silver.

I have a silver one and it is starting to look a little rough from bags rubbing and so on. So I'm thinking of stripping and polishing.

I live in Muskegon, MI and have dealt with Babbits a bit. Would be happy to swing in there and check out any parts or accessories before you purchase them. Just PM me.

Thanks for all the help. I did buy the black one new (from Babbits). Maybe stripping it is an option? Never thought of that! Babbits is great. I have made many purchases from them with zero issues. I recommend them to anyone looking for OEM parts. Thanks again for all the help!

I'm trying a new solution to this old problem. The Yam backrests were so expensive and I need a rack too as I scratched my rear panel by lashing a tent on to the rear seat this year. I've now bought a Gen 2 Getaway rack from Exactrep and a backrest from China. Total cost less than 130 English pounds ($175).

The rack is very solid and will attach to the same lugs as the Yam part. See 'Getaway' Rack

It may be a bit heavy for drag racers but it looks perfect for trips. The backrests were so cheap on AliExpress.com, I bought two so I could see which fits the best. I'll use two or four 10mm bolts with rubber washers to secure it, as the mounting points align nicely with the rack. It is only for occasional use so it should be fine. I think the part in photo 4 is going to look the best and be most comfortable.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I don't usually ride 2 up. I have a great little bag that I use the backrest as a attachment point. The bag sits on the tail rack. The little bag was sold by motocentric, who I think is gone. It was a cross bar mount or fork mount bag. I have it packed with stuff and that stay on 100% of the time. Had a double cover and has never leaked a drop in many years and some bad weather.

I bought the OEM backrest. It was expensive but I am mightly impressed with the quality of the unit. It is very solid. The wife enjoys an occasional ride and did not like the lack of support. I am going to add the Yamaha luggage rack and mount my Saddlemen's there.

Latest posts

Back