Looking for a good VBoost servo motor.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff Lewie

2005 VMAX in process of restoral.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my VBoost servo is starting to hang up. I have recently cleaned and synced the carbs and gave everything a good cleaning so that is not it. The motor is starting to die. Anyone have or know someone who may be parting out a Gen 1 and have a good VBost servo they would be interested to sale. You can contact me through here or email me at [email protected].
--------------------------------Old News. As of April 2020 Max is running "B*#$@ to the Wall"-----------------------------
Smoken...

Geoff

Last edited:
Hey guys, my VBoost servo is starting to hang up. I have recently cleaned and synced the carbs and gave everything a good cleaning so that is not it. The motor is starting to die. Anyone have or know someone who may be parting out a Gen 1 and have a good VBost servo they would be interested to sale. You can contact me through here or email me at [email protected].

Geoff
I have one if you still need it you can reach me at [email protected]

What makes you think the motor is on its way out?

There are 5 wires. 3 are for a potentiometer so you can ignore them, other 2 are power. Put 12v and motor moves one way, reverse and motor turns other way.

Does the motor not do its stuff every time the gnition is turned on, it should buzz to open valve, then second to close.

Picked up a 2year sitting under cover 1999 VMax recently with loads of aftermarket/performance accessories, Bit of a puzzle because previous owner bought it with all the work done but failed to provide me with any of the info (promised a manila folder full of mods) . Any way I've done every service possible and having a headache trying to get the bike to run well of idle . Carbs were relatively clean and then upped pilot to 42.5 and main to 155.
My Servo seems to cycle on (occasionally) and then gets hung up on 1/2 open position . Since disconnected it and left it in closed position but still have low end stumble and now at 5k as well . Ideas ?

Back