Looking for a muffler/can for a 4-1 header

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max0199

Reaction score
I just bought a 4-1 two bothers header off e bag, But I am looking for a exhaust muffler/can. It should be slip on design. Not sure of the inlet size yet. Let me know if you got something. My email is [email protected] Just in case my vmax mailbox is full. Thanks, Brad

Anybody have a good source for mufflers(just the can)? If I have to buy a new one.

Well, since you have a Two Bros. pipe you could put a Two Bros. can on it. I have this set up, mine is a C-4 can that is cut down 4".

Attachments

• mighty max.jpg
    mighty max.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 49
Yeah I'd check with TB and see what they recommend but they are VERY expensive but are also VERY good quality.

Marks may be another one that can set you up with a custom made can but he'd need measurements to make it fit right.

Chris

I called two brothers and they dont make the pipe anymore. They didnt know anything about it, nor did they care to even try to help with a can. I think any 2" can will work. How does that max sound with the two brothers pipe and the c5 can cut down?

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm not a fan of the ST cans with the disks. D&D makes a good low cost can with a 2 inch inlet. Holeshot does as well but they are much more expensive.

I have two 2 inch carbon fibre hindle cans,one round and one oval,both are cut down to 10 inch's.I use to run the oval on the bike before i fabbed my undertail and now i am not using either,let me know if you are interested.Thanks.

I found a can. I went with a d&d 4" round. Its long(17") I will cut it down probably to 12". It was cheep!

12-14 is about right. D&D tend to be VERY loud so 14 on a 4-1 would get my nod.

Chris

Hey KJ the standard Kerker can sounds MUCH more like your ST did. Is there a reason you went with the larger can?

Hey KJ the standard Kerker can sounds MUCH more like your ST did. Is there a reason you went with the larger can?

I like the looks of the carbon can. Sean cut me a great deal on it. I ended up cutting it down from 18" to 14"

I have two 2 inch carbon fibre hindle cans,one round and one oval,both are cut down to 10 inch's.I use to run the oval on the bike before i fabbed my undertail and now i am not using either,let me know if you are interested.Thanks.
I am running a dale walker holeshot 4 into 1. The can inlet is 2-1/4. Would either of those fit

Do you know if a kerker oval can can be cut down?

What's the inside look-like? Is there a perforated conical or oval sheet-metal center, for the acoustic fiberglass? Is it removable? You should be able to cut almost anything pretty-easily, unless it's titanium, then you might have to use a very-steady hand and a cut-off disc.

It has a circular perforated tube in the middle and looks like Allen heads so I guess its obviously made to take apart. Its a regular aluminium kerker. I actually think it's the right side of a 4 into 2 for a gen 2 but I'm gonna put it on my gen 1 kerker 4 into 1

It should come apart and shorten up just fine. You may need to cut and reweld up the inner core

It should come apart and shorten up just fine. You may need to cut and reweld up the inner core
I took it apart today and its definitely new. Its an 18" can but im gonna make it a 13 or 14" depending on where it ends up. It has fiberglass packing wrapped around it. Which I might reuse unless I want it louder. I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

Back