Looking For A New GPS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I’m Looking To Buy A New Motorcycle Specific GPS , I’m Looking For Opinions Of People That Have And Use Them And Know About Them .
If I Google Which GPS Is Best , 4 Different Websites List 4 Different Ones , FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!
Now That I’m 90% Healed Up From My Open Heart Surgery I’m Planning On Doing A Lot More Riding ....... SOON !!! :p👍

Last edited:
I’m Looking To Buy A New Motorcycle Specific GPS , I’m Looking For Opinions Of People That Have And Use Them And Know About Them .
If I Google Which GPS Is Best , 4 Different Websites List 4 Different Ones , FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!
Now That I’m 90% Healed Up From My Open Heart Surgery I’m Planning On Doing A Lot More Riding ....... SOON !!! :p👍
Glad your up and running brother! The POWER or Prayer!
I dont have any GPS info to offer.

A Garmin has served me well for some years. Used successfully in the UK and mainland Europe. Came with a cradle to mount on the handlebar and is powered from the bike. The installed battery good for around three hours, although a standard USB connection means it can be charged at home, or when used in the car. On the bike audio linked by Bluetooth to Cardo intercom. To date no problems with free updates.
However, maybe don't dismiss Google Maps on a smartphone. Obviously depends on phone set up and associated running costs, but I know of several people who are more than happy with phone based options.

Glad your up and running brother! The POWER or Prayer!
I dont have any GPS info to offer.
My brother, that's supposed to read The Power "Of" Prayer, LOL.
Proof read first, post second, got it!
Ya know these days if you use your Google maps and a good phone
mount you should be set for GPS.

I have been using a Garman Zumo 590LM for a long time. It has endured everything mother nature can throw at it. 55k miles on my VMAX. In all kinds of weather. I also use it in my car or rental trucks. I can answer and make phone calls, and listen to music, turn by turn directions, all thru the 590 and my Cardo (or Sena). A good friend got the new Garmin XP and he said he is very happy with it.

Down side is all Garmin stuff is expensive.

A Garmin has served me well for some years. Used successfully in the UK and mainland Europe. Came with a cradle to mount on the handlebar and is powered from the bike. The installed battery good for around three hours, although a standard USB connection means it can be charged at home, or when used in the car. On the bike audio linked by Bluetooth to Cardo intercom. To date no problems with free updates.
However, maybe don't dismiss Google Maps on a smartphone. Obviously depends on phone set up and associated running costs, but I know of several people who are more than happy with phone based options.
I've used the Garmin Zumo also over the last few years. Certainly glove friendly, and in traffic even without bluetooth and the visor up slightly I can still hear it talking away to me. It was the glove friendly part that sold it to me as I could not get my mobile to do that.

I use my cell phone. You don't get much better GPS than that. I also wear Alpine Star gloves which have a phone useable material on the index finger on both gloves.

That coupled up with the blue tooth speakers in my helmet and I've got tunes, GPS, phone...anything I need to get anywhere I want to go.

I use my cell phone. You don't get much better GPS than that. I also wear Alpine Star gloves which have a phone useable material on the index finger on both gloves.

That coupled up with the blue tooth speakers in my helmet and I've got tunes, GPS, phone...anything I need to get anywhere I want to go.
I tend not to listen to tunes etc when driving a bike. I once had an intercom that my wife was hooked up to with me, but after only one day I had to lie to her and tell her it was broken.

Anyway, this is what happens if you spend too much time on the mobile. Its a new American idea by the looks of things, quite interesting at parts for ideas lol.

Attachments

• Guiding Hands.mp4
    6.4 MB
It's voice activated. The phone is zipped up in a water tight pocket inside my riding jacket. I don't have to touch a thing.

I tend not to listen to tunes etc when driving a bike. I once had an intercom that my wife was hooked up to with me, but after only one day I had to lie to her and tell her it was broken.

Anyway, this is what happens if you spend too much time on the mobile. Its a new American idea by the looks of things, quite interesting at parts for ideas lol.
That is really funny.. sadly true

To digress a bit.. My issue is with the Cardo. The device works great, the mesh network works great. HOWEVER..the GPS knocks off the intercom, and for a long time. It is a HUGE PIA. Especially if you have a few guys with GPS and the group leader is trying to tell the group that there is some hazard in the upcoming turn.

Maybe if more people complain about this they will allow you to reconfigure the forground / background audio selection. If you read their documentation it looks like this is available but is not, and I think is a real safety issue.

That is really funny.. sadly true
It’s very true.
I'm out walking or running and see countless of people out but glued to the screen. What is the point? My motto is take in what's around you; the trees, plants, animals, the stones underfoot etc. When you are bed ridden in the old folks home, you can browse away to your heart's content.... as you can do FA else.

More worrying perhaps is seeing children waiting for the school bus at the stop across the road. They lean against a wall glued to their screens and only interact with each other by texting or face paging.

For the record, using the Garmin GPS and Cardo intercom is absolutely sufficient for our needs.
That the technology enables phone contact, listening to tunes, and group chatter is not relevant to our needs.

I Appreciate All The Info Deeply And Thank You For The Well Wishes !
I Don’t Listen To Anything When I Ride , Even Turn My Ringer On My Cell .
I Just Use GPS To Punch In A Destination Address Sometimes And Sometimes Save Them , Also I Use It To Find A Gas Station And/Or Somewhere To Eat ..........
Then Hit Home ............
Thats It ........
But If One With All The Bells & Whistles Is Better For What I Only Use It For , I Don’t Have A Problem Getting One Of Those , I’ll Just Use The Bells Not The Whistles ! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Please Leave Brand And Model # With Advise , Thank You To
Everyone !

Yeah , I Don’t Want To Use My Cell Phone , Just Looking For A GPS , But Thanks For The Input 👍

Latest posts

Back