Looking for a V-Max mechanic in SoCal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have a 85 V Max that needs carb work at least. I have been in the Portland Oregon market and so far no one can get this bike running smoothly. I am relocating in January and am hoping to find someone who can really work on the V Max.

Michael

Perhaps we need to get you a cleaned carb setup on an exchange. Not sure who has done what for you? The carbs are pretty specific on their settings to get them to run correctly. Other potential common problems with that year bike are the CDI (randomly dropping cylinders), sidestand relay (usually no spark), vacuum sensor (poor operation), sidestand diode (poor operation). Valve adjustment (poor operation).

Hi Guys, I have a 85 V Max that needs carb work at least. I have been in the Portland Oregon market and so far no one can get this bike running smoothly. I am relocating in January and am hoping to find someone who can really work on the V Max.

Michael
Try Jon Harris, he's in Cal. and on facebook, he does carb work, check him out all my dealings with him have been awesome

If you're looking to do a COPS conversion to your ignition (lots of info here on the forum, and a worthwhile mod to an older bike), Jon produces a nice kit with everything you need to do the modification. Well made, and a fair price.

We are currently gathering data on many different spark plug wire and coil options out there. Doing cold start, ohms testing, visual pictures and more to let the general public be better informed with their decisions. So I am not going to be accused of being biased I have sent all the stuff out to another member (one of the two guys who made the first ever COP kit - not Gannon) for this testing. We're testing many different kinds of wire, a few different types of caps, a few different types of coil conversions. The only thing I don't have at the moment is a set of Dyna coils to test with.

Latest posts

Back