• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for COPs setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a set of 4 COPS on Ebay about 10 years ago for somewhere around 20 bucks. 15 more got me the COP harness from a Honda something, cut the connectors off, and added enough wire to reach the coil connectors on the bike. I cut the coil connectors off and added them to my new wires. Removed the rear coils because I wanted to put my series type regulator where the coils were located. Didn't bother tearing into the bike to get the front ones off. Total spent, maybe $30. Time spent, 2 hours tops. Plug and play, bike runs fine, never added resistors, didn't even bother with polarity to the COPS- they're just a coil, never seemed to make a difference. If you don't want to cut the connectors off the coils you could get those little crimp on doohickeys and connect to the bike that way. Just don't let them short out..
I haven't checked the prices of the parts I used in a while, so it may cost a bit more nowadays. Simple DIY job.

Back